Extra 7: Lemon and Cherry

You didn't want to take a look at any other dresses since you were sure this was the one you wanted, simply protecting your resolve. 

The next thing on your list was the decor. 

The romance was not the most significant part of your relationship, but for your wedding, it would be the biggest accent and origin of your theme. 

And plus, passion red was as close as you could get when trying to um up Katsuki as a colour. 

Mina insisted it was bad luck to look at the dress, so she made you get your measurements and leave- insisting you trust her with the adjustments and minor changes. 

So, you ran your errands with Asui and Ochako, all around town making sure everything was up to par and perfectly personalized to your tastes. 

Well, enough to be accepted by the public. 

the wedding was the only thing that had to look pretty since it was open to the peering eyes of the masses, and your honeymoon was the perfectly all-flaws-included dream vacation for the two of you. 

So, from taste testing to choosing bridesmaid bouquets- you tried to shove every technical preparation into the span of a few days. 

Yeah, it's your work schedule coming back to bite you in the ass again. 

You end up biting off more than you can chew now, so you don't have to suffer as much later. 

Which is a great idea, in theory. 

However, you're on the phone, sampling various cake flavours, and your watch is blaring because of an alarm, telling you you've got to go choose napkins. 

Your words are muffled because of the piece of cake, and the person on the phone won't stop throwing an array of questions that you can't answer. 

You swallow the bite in your mouth and finally cough up the next few words.

"Okay, okay, okay. Pause. Can we please do this when we meet physically,... you-uh- keep cutting out."

The employee sing songs a sweet 'yes ma'am!' before you say your polite goodbyes and turn back to your scrumptious task at hand. 

Good food deserves attention, after all. 

He asked for 3 things. Good food, a private lounge, and a secluded venue. 

So, there's a lot of pressure for the cake, even if he doesn't like sweet things, it should at least complement the other foods. 

You move to the last of your choices, and all you remember was choosing it because the colour of it reminded you of Katsuki. 

It was zesty, lemon and cherry. 

You smile because it did remind you of Katsuki, he hated lemon- but he would use it in almost all of his food. 

You always wondered if he just liked the way it mixed with other foods, or because he knew you liked it. 

Anyways, that was your choice- and you decided to give the decorator lady some liberty with the design, showing her your plan for the decor you just gave her the number of layers you wanted and let her do the rest. 

She smiles as you finally leave the shop, still chewing on the extra bite of cake you took. 

And in your wake follows Asui and Ochako, who excitedly reminisce over their own engagements and weddings. 

Though all that plays in your head was the stress of the guest list, who would you invite so it would please everyone? 

You smile and send Asui to the flower arrangement place to check on your order while you and Ochako went to the napkin joint. 

A set of multiple shades of red squares, and a list of different designs are placed in front of you, and you sift through them for a while before narrowing down the colours and fabric. 

You let Ochako determine the one she thought suited it best, and you chose your favourite- flipped a coin and you were out of there. 

Ochako lagging behind your quick steps, and she can understand you're in a rush and stressed, undergoing a high-pressure wedding herself- but she can't understand how you expect to get everything done seamlessly in the span of a few days. 

So, she taps your shoulder and holds you there. 

"Slow down, will you? The world won't fall apart if you're just a few minutes late." 

"Oh I know, I am just hungry, and lunch is after this appointment." 

That was true, and then after that, you had to deal with... the guest list.

She smiles and brightens, 

"Well then, let's go!"

She texts Tsuyu to meet the both of you at the food court, and you're making your way to the decor shop to find chairs and tables. 

You go through the cycle of greeting,  consulting and browsing before you set out to eat. 

You stop at a parfait shop after you find your green-haired accomplice. And while you wait for your orders to come, you ask the two in front of you about their weddings. 

"What was your's like?" 

"It wasn't perfect to everybody- but it was probably one of the happiest days of my life, ribbit." 

"And mine, it was lovely. Though I do regret inviting so much of the press, it was more like a gala than a wedding." 

You sigh internally.