Chapter 4 : Restart

So, there you were. About a day later, Sipping on some overly sweet fruity beverage in the corner. 

You watched as Mina, Jirou and Makaiyla had a light hearted conversation through glaring eyes while you mumble to yourself. 

Ochaco and Tsuyu were talking beside you, occasionally asking for your input once in a while.

And while you stood, you contemplating leaving. 

You were 90% sure no one would notice, aside from maybe Tsuyu. 

You feel like a cornered animal and it's eating away at your morales and energy simultaniously. So, you pull out your phone. 

In hopes of finding something that may distract you for the time being, and you scroll past a bunch of cute pets, food, happy couples and internet drama- you can't tell which is worse. 

being in the same room as the person who indirectly made your world shatter into a million pieces, or watching people on the internet live their best possible lives. 

And it hurt, watching her gush over the man you have spent years wanting, begging, and above all- hiding from. 

It stung, and desperately you searched for a reason to make her the monster. 

The theif. Anything but a charming and sweet woman with an innocently blind love. 

And when you look up after hearing your name, you realise Mina was calling you over. 

And so, you shoved your phone in your pocket and walked over to her- shoving your hands in the hoodie Mina handed you on your way out. 

And you stop in front of the trio before Makaiyla speaks up. 

"I wanted to talk about something with you, privately. Sorry girls."  

she mutters, giving them a sweet little wave as they turn away and walk to the other pair of girls. 

And as you approach her, a familiar distaste builds in your throat as she smiles at you with a happy glint in her brown eyes. 

And when you walk over to her, she gently grabs your arms and drags you to a booth in the corner of the borderline ball room. 

She sits you down and closes the velvet-y purple blinds and turns to face you. 

And your palms begin to slick up and you take a few double checks at her face. 

Your heart stills and you feel like a student being picked on by a teacher. 

Her eyes cut through the courage you spent all day building, and you feel small. 

Insignificant. 

Tiny

Your heart came tumbling, it seems to happen often lately- huh? And she sat down, in a manner that was much more than a far cry from her normal cutesy way of acting. 

Crossing her legs, she places her hands on the table- carefully leaning in. 

"Listen. I am going to make this very clear, I am uncomfortable with you being so close to my boyfriend." 

She looks down on you. You feel like a nuisance, like you were being yelled at by your boss.

 You feel inferior, and weak. 

Instead of the warm, fluffy feeling you were supposed to get around your friends- you felt uptight. 

Like a string pulled a little too far, or an over shaken can of soda.