Chapter 10: Truth

You reluctantly open the door, staring at the somehow ashamed man before you. 

You nibble at your lower lip, searching for some reason to turn away and close the door on him.

You wanted to humiliate him in a way that would leave him stinging, just like he had done to you. 

But you couldn't  stand looking at the red dust under his eyes, and the reluctant furrow of one brow and the rigid edge of the other. 

His scarred hands balled up into fists, along with the way his eyes can't meet yours. 

You sigh, in both disappointment in yourself and defeat. 

You watch as he rubs up his arm, a nervous tick he developed shortly after meeting you.  

"Ahhhh fuck."

 you roll your eyes, why was it hard for him? 

He was living the life of a king right now. 

Two girls going after of him, it was like a bad harem anime. 

"What, what could possibly inconvenience you in this little paradise of a life you're living." 

you fold your arms and look him in the eyes, your expression turning stormy as your lip juts out in a small pout. 

"Listen, I am really not trying to play you- I swear." 

you scoff, placing your hand on the door; ready to push it closed into his face. 

"This is my house." 

he deadpans and you easily retort. 

"I could easily make this better for me by calling the hospital and sending you back." 

"You wouldn't-"

"Just one button Katsuki. Just one fucking button." 

"You would starve without me." 

"Hello? Yes, I need to send back pro hero-" you use your hand as a make believe phone and pretend to speak through it. 

"FINE! FINE! Fuck, you are difficult." 

"Awe... boohoo. Now speak." 

you cross your arms, glaring at him. 

"Fuck, can we please not do this? Please?" 

your eyes glaze over the pleading man, 

"Is that begging I hear? Oh come on do it some more, I feel my sympathy coming back to me... very... slowly." 

you mock and he groans, dragging a hand over his face. 

"I am not trying to fuck either of you over, c'mon please?" 

Bakugou, a man known for being unfiltered and blunt- struggling to keep a secret? Now that was out of the ordinary. 

"I don't believe you. God is it really that hard to tell the truth?" 

you sigh rolling your eyes trying to twirl on your heels and leave. 

"You are so... FUCKING difficult." 

"THERE HE GOES LADIES AND GENTS! When he gets frustrated he goes straight to blowing up. Even when he is the one at fault! How rich is that?" 

you laugh humorlessly and he grits his teeth. 

You could see the vein in his forehead now, you kinda wanted to probe him even more, seeing the bloody crescents on your hands from clenching your fists. 

"If I am so difficult, then getting everything off your chest would really help you lift what a burden I must be, huh?" 

You crumble into yourself, stung just a little by your own words. 

He looks panicked now, for some reason he didn't really understand that you might have been feeling that way. Ignorance, is, bliss. Truly. You scoff,

"Literally just leave if you aren't going to tell me anything. You aren't even hurting me anymore, just... wasting. my. time." 

You hiss, and he stammers. 

Walking back.

"You came to my room, trying to stop me- and well; I don't have the time to wait for you anymore! You got 5 minutes to change my fucking mind." 

you practically barked at him, your patience finally snapping. 

Taking a step out of your room pressuring him to almost cower back. 

"4 minutes, 57 seconds left until I can close this door and ignore you till kingdom fuckin come." 

"Please-" 

"4 minutes 55 seconds."

"FUCK! Fine! Listen to me then, woman!"he exclaimed, flailing his hands to get your attention.

"It's a real sticky situation,.. but-"

"But?" 

"None of it was real. All of it was fake."

 well that makes absolutely no fucking sense. 

"Well, thank you- that makes everything in my life so much easier. WHAT IS THIS A FUCKING RIDDLE? GIVE ME CONTEXT!" 

you scream, and he groans. 

It was just two angry sons of bitches having a screaming contest at this point, how terrible it would be to be the neighbours. 

"Me and Makaiyla, we were fake. Happy? You got your answer so stop being all angry with me." 

It was kinda like putting a bullet over a bullet hole right now, but you lacked the energy to press on. 

This was a mission that would have to be continued at a later date. 

Right now, you just kinda wanted to be on okay terms with him. 

"I don't understand. But I could care less right now. Just please, let me be for a while." 

as much as you wanted to be around him, you might spill a little more information than you mean too. 

So you keep quiet to avoid any possible mishapps. Nothing bad go on if the both of you are just, apart- right?

We meet again! I hope you enjoyed this slightly shorter chapter, it was either make it super long or super short- and I went with the second option

We meet again! I hope you enjoyed this slightly shorter chapter, it was either make it super long or super short- and I went with the second option. Thanks for sticking around, if you have any thoughts or questions- don't be afraid to give me a comment to read! See you next week <3