Chapter 22: The verdict

The attorney has an admirable look of certainty on her face, something that instantly makes you want to mirror her confidence and overall aura. 

And as she takes her seat, back straight, glasses sat perfectly on her face,  not a single hair out of place. 

You adjust your own clothes, making yourself presentable for the final say of the jury. 

But somehow, you had a growing feeling that no matter what they say, you have a new sense that this really isn't your fault at all. 

Katsuki signed the contract, didn't tell you about it, and definitely didn't stop you from making a fool of yourself. 

While Makaiyla's attorney's asked you if you did or did not commit adultery, they also asked you why you were even there with Katsuki. 

You told them the truth, that you were there celebrating graduation (of sorts). 

It would be technically impossible to ask you whether or not it was a date, because either answer from you would be truthful. 

Even if anyone in this room were to have a truth quirk, you still wouldn't be lying. 

So, as soon as you felt Katsuki's hand over yours you brushed your thumb over his knuckles. 

It seems you weren't the only one having problems with nerves. 

His hands were a little sweaty, and even if you couldn't comfort him as a girlfriend, you could comfort him as a friend. 

The sound of wood-on-wood impact grabs your attention as the judge calls for silence. 

"The jury has found Ms.(L/N, Y/N) and Mr. Katsuki Bakugou, not guilty of adultery." 

instant happiness washes over you, but the judge isn't done. 

"The jury has also found the contract void, therefore cancelling any and all agreements founded with the contract."  

All three of you stand in unison, smiling wide and bright as it sinks in. 

And in the end, both you and Katsuki walk out of the courtroom, hand in hand. 

But this time, it's not a hopeful grasp. It's a type of hold only lovers can achieve. 

And finally, it feels like everything falls into place. 

After the first week, you finally learn to use the laundry machine properly, after the first month, you finished the last of the cancellation paperwork, and after the second month, you finally decided to move in with him. 

And this time, as his lover, rather than a friend. 

There's a comfortable rhythm in everything now, there is no wall that makes you afraid to speak and hold your breath. 

He's sweet and more open about affection. 

He takes you on dates and no longer has to worry about who he would rather hurt. 

There is no deciding between two evils and there is no uncertainty, both of you are happily on the same page. 

Together, hand in hand, he is yours as much as you're his. 

You're working on your internship, and he's still steadily climbing up the ranks and has finally claimed the #2 spot. 

You remind him to take care of himself, he reminds you to eat your meals, and the both of you are in perfect harmony. 

And you wouldn't have it any other way. 

And after you told Mina, Ochaco, and Yaoyorozu what happened, Mina looked as though she was about to blow a fuse. 

"Okay, so when were you planning to tell me about this? Hm?"

she slumped back in the bean bag chair, her arms crossed as you finish relaying the information. 

Ochaco was in pure shock, mouth hung open and eyes wide. 

Momo, is sipping her tea with no obvious reaction, aside from the angry death grip on her cup. 

"You know, if you had called for my aid-" 

she starts you stop her. 

"It needed to happen. Don't know why don't know what for but it had to happen. Because if it didn't I might not be here. I might be dating some bum who doesn't treat me right!" 

you flail your hands for emphasis, Ochaco closes her mouth. 

"Right! But- but, but, but. It's not wrong for us to want to help you! As- yknow- the friends we are." 

she's much less stern than Momo, making her point seem like somewhat of a question. 

"That's true, but I gotta fight my own battles too, you know." 

Mina hums, and Momo puts her tea down on the coffee table, coming to sit with you. 

She hugs you close, and soon the other two pink-themed heroes join in. 

"Y'know, you and twinkle toes are perfect for each other." 

you laugh at the name. 

"How so?" 

"Both of you are so very, very irritably stubborn." Mina sighs. 

Speaking what everyone was thinking. 

"Why thank you" 

you smile, with faux pride swelling in your chest. 

Mina clicks her tongue, hitting you with a pillow, eliciting a pillow fight. 

Soft 'oofs' sound out of the room as all of you rain attacks against each other until your phone rings, and Mina snatches from its spot on the floor. 

"It's your future husband." 

she groans and a series of "ooh"s ring around the room before you take back your phone. 

Future husband doesn't sound all that bad, actually.

THE END

Or is it?