𝐂𝟗

You woke up the next morning expecting to be on the ground, cold and uncomfortable

You woke up the next morning expecting to be on the ground, cold and uncomfortable. But you weren't. Instead you were on your bed buried under the covers. You opened one eye and scanned around the room and quickly noticed that the window had been closed. Which you were relieved for.

It was pretty early for once. No idea why you decided to get up so early to begin with. It was also pretty unreasonably quiet. Usually Keisuke snores like an animal, but there's no type of noise. Still being half asleep, you rolled out of bed and out of your door.

His door was cracked open, so you poked your head inside. What you expected to see was him half hanging off his bed, nearly on the floor. But you just saw the blanket on the floor and his bed empty. None of the other lights were on in the apartment. Not even the bathroom, so he couldn't have been there.

Now him being out early in the morning or late at night wasn't unusual since he did it all the time. But he wasn't supposed to be out. If someone caught him while he was outside, it would be bad news for him. Plus with all the gang activity going on, police patrol was bound to be high. And the idiot knows that, and still, went out on a stroll. His jacket was also missing, so he definitely had gone out.

Where he had gone was the next question. You could assume he had his phone on him, but if he had left without telling you, likely he didn't want you to know where he went. But you picked up your phone and shot him a text anyway.

Kei 🧡‼️

Me:
Idc where the hell u are, im coming to find u

Since u wanna leave before the sun comes up, being all secretive and shit

u can ignore me if u want to, but thats not gonna change anything

-----------------

Even if he did get the messages, he was stubborn enough to not reply to you. However you were sort of in a time crunch. Your mom usually wakes up at seven. It was already five. You knew that because you and Keisuke have snuck out numerous times before. Sometimes you would go down to the pier, or to a convenience store and get snacks. Or he'd just drag you around the city on the back of his bike. If he was choosing to go solo, he'd at least leave you a text that you would wake up to if he wasn't back in time. Occasionally he would wake you to let you know so that if he wasn't back, you could cover for him.

You put on a sweater, and pants that would keep you warm. Sticking your spare key into your pocket so you could get back in easily. The entire process was done silently so you wouldn't wake up your sleeping parent in her room. After you put on your shoes, you slowly opened the door and slipped out into the apartment buildings. You were very careful to shut the door without a sound and then went out through the back.

What you were checking for was his bike. If it was still there, it would mean wherever he went, he went on foot. It was already cold in the stairwell so you knew outside wouldn't be as good. For the fall, it was way too chilly.