𝐂𝟒𝟏

For some reason you severely underestimated how creepy it was to explore a 10 story high building

For some reason you severely underestimated how creepy it was to explore a 10 story high building. It was extremely dark and you all had to use your phone flashlights to make sure you weren't going to step on something or trip and fall.

"AHH!"

"Hakkai shut the hell up!" Nahoya flashed the light in his direction. "You tryna alert whoever is lurking in here?"

"I'm sorry. There was a rat." Hakkai mumbled and stuck closer to Mitsuya's side. "It looked mutated, I swear it was huge."

You kept your silence although now you were also frightened that a rat would just scurry out in front of you. Which then you'd probably share a similar reaction to Hakkai. Although the first floor was practically empty, you found the stairs to go up.

"We're gonna die." Takemichi whined looking at the stairs which looked completely unsafe. "Oh crap I was the one who chose to do it today..."

Draken hit him harshly on the back. "Yup! So that means you go first."

Wincing, Takemichi took multiple deep breaths before he found the strength to pull himself up the stairs. At first there was a slight creak and you held your breath. But that was all it was, a creak. Because Takemichi made it to the top with minimal threats for the stairs to break.

You would just have to go one at a time. Which took about a minute for everyone to get up. You felt your heart beating against your chest when you finally made it and that was just the second floor. Still about 8 more to go.

"Does anyone see anything?" Chifuyu whispered but if anything, it was somehow just as loud as his normal voice.

"The hell are we looking for? Treasure?" Nahoya mumbled and stepped to the side to search a different area of the room.

"Smartass." Chifuyu stuck his tongue out although it was barely visible. Somehow Nahoya still saw it–very surprising actually– and flipped him off. "Anyway, do you see anything criminal-like?"

"The only criminal-like thing here is us snooping around this place." Peh pointed his light straight ahead. "I mean seriously, this place isn't in good condition for us to even walk around, nevermind hide a whole gang."

"Maybe we just have to go higher." You suggested. "It's not surprising that the first couple floors are empty. If you were a wanted criminal, wouldn't you stay away from the ground?"

"I think this is fantastic bonding time." Mitsuya chuckled. "Never thought I'd see us all hanging in abandoned buildings again. Brings back memories."

After another look around, nothing was found and you found the staircase to go up to floor 3. Which was just as empty so floor 4 was the next stop. You noticed that the higher up you went, the more light was shining through the cracked windows.

"Well somebody was in here recently..." You heard Kazutora mumble and you turned to see what he meant. There were bullet holes in the wall and what looked like dried blood splattered around them.