𝐂𝟐𝟎

The bell rang and you were so relieved

The bell rang and you were so relieved. Today was for your final exams and you felt like you were going to be stuck in the classroom forever. But it was the last one of the day, so it was a blessing. In all the madness you almost forgot you had to attend school. Honestly, pretty disappointing.

Students filed out of the classroom but you waited outside of the door for–

"I totally just blew that!" It was Hakkai who sounded very confident in his abilities to fail. As he wasn't allowed to be in Toman, it's not like Taiju could stop him from attending school.

"You probably didn't do that bad." Souya walked out behind him. You three had just finished the science final. "All you had to do was pay attention in class."

"Yeah, I didn't do that very well!" He groaned while walking next to you. "How do you think you guys did?"

Souya shrugged, "I don't know. I fell asleep while studying last night." Go figures that one of the times he needed to stay up, he knocked out.

"I don't usually study, I hope for a miracle." You told the boys. "But hey, now they're out of the way, we can finally look forward to our break."

It was a relief you finally got some time to really relax and not have to keep worrying about school on top of everything else that was happening. November just needed to end. Too much had happened in the last month and you were going to attempt and take it easy.

The three of you turned out to the main lobby where the entrance and exit of the school was located. Students happily leaving, or some in a similar situation like Hakkai and panicking over how they believed they did on their final exams.

"Y/N! Y/N! Y/NNNNN!" The male voice was getting louder from behind you. The familiar voice at that. Turning around, you were met with none other than Chifuyu. "Y/N!"

"I did hear you the first three times." You informed him with a giggle. "Did you need something?"

"Uh yes, well actually– it's kind of– um. Um..." He stuttered over his words. Chifuyu looked over at Hakkai and Souya and went to speak again but found himself having a hard time.

"Hey man," Hakkai put an arm over Chifuyu's shoulders. "If it's personal just say that, right Angry?"

"Uh– yeah...?" His response was more questionlike than an answer.

Chifuyu sighed, "Sorry..."

"No big deal! Angry, want to get a snack before I leave? I can't exactly be seen with you out in public..." He leaned in closer, "Taiju has spies everywhere," he whispered. He didn't even reply before Hakkai dragged him off down the hallways to the vending machines by the cafeteria because those had better options.

After they left, Chifuyu turned to you, "I just had a quick question. Do you think I could borrow Baji's sash? Um– well not borrow, but. Ah damn it, I sound like I'm trying to steal it from you..."