𝐂𝟏𝟗

"You're doing WHAT?!"

Your voice was loud over the phone. Takemichi had called you not even a whole 12 hours after Mitsuya just established a peace pact with Taiju. Why? You had no idea what he was thinking.

"Repeat that for me again, I need to make sure I'm not hearing things."

There was a shaky gulp, "well we need to kill Taiju. Toman needs to go against them head to head."

"No. HELL no, Takemichi, are you out of your damn mind? Taiju almost destroyed every bone in your body once, now you want to kill the guy?"

"Y/N, you have to feel the same way, right? If you didn't, you wouldn't have reacted to Inui that way earlier!"

You groaned, "I acted that way because he held a knife to my throat. Not because I was planning on killing his leader?!"

You heard a muffled voice in the background and the sounds of the phone being passed to someone else and then a new voice spoke up.

"Y/N." It was Chifuyu this time, "this is the best course of action. Toman has a lot of firepower and has already beat them once. So what if it's a new gen? We have to take down Taiju."

"Mitsuya just told us what he did had a reason for it. I didn't want Hakkai to leave either but think about it, at least for now, the BD's won't be actively after us."

"Hakkai told us that he was going to kill him first." Chifuyu sounded serious. "We can't let him do that."

"So you're gonna beat Hakkai to the punch? Taiju is not someone you can mess with freely without thinking about it. Why the sudden change in things? You seemed pretty content with the decision earlier."

Both of them paused and thought for a minute. "It's complicated!" Takemichi explained. "Just know it'll be horrible if it happens."

Chifuyu agreed, "Yeah! And that's why we need your help."

"My help with...?"

"Well, we need to get our proposal approved." Chifuyu started, "do you have any tips?"

"Yeah just one." You started, "don't get yourselves killed."

"Y/N come on–"

"Listen. I'm all for us getting Hakkai back, I don't want him staying over there. But I also don't want any of us to get murdered trying to get him back. I've seen enough of them to know they don't play fair."

A long sigh came from Chifuyu. "You know we're still going to try."

That was almost what you were afraid of, "Yeah, good luck." You hung up the phone and stared up  at the ceiling, wondering if they really had just tried to call and ask how to convince them to go kill Taiju. Maybe it hadn't actually been you trying to think logically, but also thinking about your own abilities.