𝐂𝟏𝟔

November 3rd, 2005

November 3rd, 2005

Today was a day you thought you would have rather stayed in bed over getting up and doing anything. However, it was something you've been planning to do for a while now. You didn't exactly tell your mom why you needed the ride, but she took you.

"Take this right."

"Are we going to the pet shop or something? What else is over here?" She listened to your instructions and took the right. Coming up down the street was Timid Wanderers. "Well that answers my question. What, are you adopting a turtle or something?"

A turtle would've been easier to explain. "Hmm not today, no. I've been talking with Eleanor for the past couple weeks about something, and I think I've finally put in enough money for her."

She pulled up into a parking space in front of the building, "Her? Who's her?"

"Soba."

You jumped out of the car and shut the door behind you and went into the shop leaving your mother very confused but she stayed inside like you asked earlier. You wanted to surprise her. Also if you already had Soba with you, she couldn't object.

The bell chimed on the door as you entered. Eleanor looked up from her paperwork and her eyes brightened. "Ah Y/N! I've been expecting your arrival." She handed you the papers, "Now since you are the one doing the adopting you can sign here, however, since you are still a minor, a guardian signature is required. I do hope you didn't come alone?"

"No, she didn't." The voice made you flinch when you turned around to see your mom and the bell also chiming.

Eleanor looked past you, "You must be Ms. Baji!" She slid the papers over to her. "Unfortunately, the larger animals like cats and dogs do require an 18 or older signature. If Y/N had wanted uh... maybe a turtle or something, she would've been able to get away with it."

Maybe you really should've just gotten a damn turtle at this point. "Well since the surprise is out there now. I've put enough money down to adopt a cat named Soba. Or, by her original name which is Whiskey."

"I didn't know you were interested in getting a cat." She murmured while looking over the papers.

You sighed, "It's... it's a birthday gift for him." It was the least you could do since he always had an eye for her anytime he stopped by to visit. "Cats are sort of his thing. Plus, one permanent animal in the house can't be that bad?"

She hesitated for a moment, her eyes still looking at the line she was supposed to sign. "One cat can't be too bad." She smiled before putting her name down.

-----------------

Soba meowed in your arms while you held her on the way over to the family gravestone. You decided to bring her with you so she could meet the reason she got to come home with you. While you expected to feel emotional on the way over, you didn't. The car was parked and the three of you were walking over to it.