𝐂𝟐𝟖

At around 1am you found out Takemichi was alright and still in one piece

At around 1am you found out Takemichi was alright and still in one piece. You and the others went to meet with Mikey at the Shrine to discuss what went on. When you arrived, you did not prepare to see Inui of all people standing with everyone.

You didn't say anything to him because you had nothing to say. On top of that, you didn't see Koko anywhere near him. Which was strange seeing they were like a 2 for 1 package deal. But you could care less about Inui, seeing Takemichi was fine was enough for you. Especially after Mucho beat the absolute shit out of him.

After Takemichi explained what went down you understood why Koko was absent. As well as why Inui was here now. You didn't like the guy, but in a way you emphasized with him. Losing your best friend was never an easy thing to go through.

"Inui, do you have any idea when Tenjiku will attack full out?" Mikey asked him. It was also information you needed to have in the back of your mind to be mentally prepared. Possibly give yourself a week to–

"Tomorrow." Inui answered. "Or, more so today I guess."

Or not.

You need to give yourself less than 24 hours to get ready.

"Alright, gather everyone in Toman. We need to prepare." He turned around with his jacket swaying in the wind. "Oh, and Y/N, I want to talk to you."

Whenever anyone wanted to talk to you, you just thought of the worst things possible. But in this case you couldn't think of any negative thing he'd want to talk to you about. So you just quietly followed him up the stairs.

At the top he turned back around to you and his leader type aura dissipated almost instantly. "So how'd you get yourself into that mess? I can understand the rest of them, but you? I'm shocked."

"I wish I knew." You sighed and turned back out to the first division who were already goofing off. Except for Inui, who was standing off to the side. "It wasn't all bad. You know, I got two clean hits on Mucho, and I'm never going to live that down."

Mikey's eyes widened, "you punched Mucho? Like by yourself?" You nodded to confirm his question. After a second, he laughed, making you narrow your eyes down.

"What's funny?"

After he calmed himself down, "nothing nothing. I can just imagine how he felt afterwards. He's not the most... open minded person all the time. Sorry about that."

"Yeah he made that clear." You huffed. "I think I'm just going to have to suck it up though."

Mikey hummed, "so, are you ready?"

You knew what he was talking about. "Ready is an overstatement."

He crossed his legs and leaned backwards on his elbows. "You'll be fine. We're not gonna let anything happen to you." He hesitated for a second. "We're in February already?"