𝐂𝟑𝟗

June 19, 2017

June 19, 2017.

"Oh my god Hakkai are you serious?"

"Yeah! Let's open it today. Bring Angry with you, and don't take too long!"

"I mean okay, did you call everyone else?" You waited for a response but never received one. "He hung up on me? Rude." You scoffed and tossed your phone to the bedside table. Rolling over back to your side and resting your head on Souya's chest.

"What did Hakkai want?" Souya said from above you. It was late in the afternoon and there wasn't much to do. So you had mostly just been lounging around all day taking some rest from work and life.

"Ooo you always sound so enthusiastic when you talk about Hakkai," you joked. "But he said we're opening our time capsule from 12 years ago. I don't even remember what the hell I put in that thing."

"Is it really around that time?" He questioned out loud. So much has happened since 2006. Everyone grew up, got involved with better people, had a job, and honestly, everyone was in a much better headspace than when they were kids.

"I guess so. Do you think everyone is going to make it?"

He thought about it for a moment, "everyone besides Mikey? Yeah, probably." He sighed, "it's a little sad. I miss having him around. He led us through so much and then he just... broke off."

"Yeah, I've been thinking about that a little bit actually." You sat up and twisted your body around. "I remember that Izana got away along with everybody else. But do you really think that what happened all those years ago had absolutely no impact on either of them?"

"What do you mean?"

"I mean like I remember hearing those brothers tell me Izana was done with attacking. And he seemed dead set on trying to apologize and make things right with Mikey. So why would he turn around and build up another gang? Kakucho almost died, Kisaki did die–"

"–You also almost died, Y/N." Souya pointed out.

You nervously chuckled, "oh yeah... I guess that did happen. But hey! I'm thriving now."

Souya also pushed himself up to his elbows. "So with that also in mind it is strange that he cut us off. But why were you now just thinking about that again?"

"Because," you started off, "it's Toman's birthday or whatever right? He loved that gang, I don't believe he could just run off with Tenjiku leftovers and start a whole new gang without us."

"Without us?" Souya repeated. "Did you want him to take us with him?"

"Well no. But you guys' dedication to him must've meant something. Say he didn't disband when he did. Don't you think we'd still be following him? Maybe not in a gang sense, but seeing him as a leader and a friend. He saved our asses more than once and I think it counts for something. It has to."