𝐂𝟏𝟓

He literally died in your arms, and you couldn't do anything about it

He literally died in your arms, and you couldn't do anything about it. It was all you could think about for the remainder of the day. You remembered sitting in the hospital, waiting for your mother so doctors could break the news that her youngest son was no longer with her. When that happened, you'll never forget the agonizing cry that came from her mouth. You swore she was going to get violent from the way she was screaming.

"PLEASE, PLEASE... please... not my baby! Don't take my baby from me please oh god please!" You couldn't even look at her or the body sitting on the table without breaking down. There was something in the back of your mind that told you that you had to be strong for her. The doctors were trying to get her to calm down, but that was no use. There is no easy way to calm down the mother who just found out the child that she loved and cared for every day, was gone.

The funeral and burial was supposed to happen tomorrow. Which in your eyes was moving too fast. The realization hadn't even struck you that he was not coming back. So at the time, you could barely wrap your head around why they were putting your brother in the ground. As far as you were concerned, he was sitting right next to you, wiping your tears as they freely fell from your eyes.

That following night, you couldn't sleep. You didn't even find the heart to go into the house yet. While your mother was processing things herself, you stayed outside the back. Sitting next to his motorcycle. You would've thought he had taken it with him to the fight, but he either got a ride from somebody else, or walked. Which meant... he must've been aware he wasn't coming back, and left something behind. It continued to crush you like a weight the more you thought about it.

Countless missed calls and ignored text messages from literally everyone. The girls, the guys, even some family members you didn't even know had your number or remembered who you were. But you didn't pick up. Didn't even read the messages.

The clouds in the sky must've read your mood because it looked like it was going to start raining soon. You could've just sat there and caught a cold, but it was your mother who pulled you inside. Her face was stained with dried tears, her eyes were puffy from crying. She wasn't even composed herself, but it was obvious she was trying to be strong for you.

She asked if you wanted to stay in her room for the night. But you declined, saying you needed some space. She understood and let you go into your room after saying to shout if you needed anything.

As soon as you opened the door, something caught your eyes. Before you left to go to the Twins house, you made your bed so you could come back and climb right in. However, now it was disarranged. The first strange thought you had was that a cat climbed through Keisuke's window and marched into your room and sat on your bed. But, there was no pet fur on your bed. Instead, there were two envelopes. One labeled, "Y/N" and the other one "Mom"

If this was what you thought it was, you were not going to get any sleep. Not that you were going to in the first place. You sat down and picked up the one that had your name on it, and opened it up. Inside was a letter, and you felt an ache in your heart as soon as you recognized the handwriting.