Chapter 3

He was dreaming again. That much was painfully obvious. 

With the sun above him, there was no way he was reasonably still in the cave. 

He'd been in locations like this before, but only ever in his dreams. Although, he hadn't had this particular dream in quite a while. He was on some kind of ship, the smell of wood and salt thick in the air. He could almost feel the ship under him. 

It was noisy too with people going about their day. He couldn't hear much of it clearly, though, it was more of a senseless buzz as he stood up. He didn't remember his dreams being so vivid before.

Last time he had a dream this vivid, he got sent to an Asylum. He hadn't had one this vivid since.

Suddenly, there was someone standing next to him. A face far too familiar for someone that Aziz had never actually met. He looked like a pirate. Like textbook pirate.  He had a hook, though it was obviously fake, and stood a few inches taller than Aziz himself.

Aziz allowed his gaze to wander as the boy talked with a woman who walked up to him. 

Other than being tall, the boy also looked strong. There was a rather crazed look in his eyes that had caught him off guard  when he saw them.

Aziz had to admit, he was insanely attractive.

"Well, you're out of place, aren't you, darling?"

The voice was almost soft. It wasn't too loud, but compared to all the other noise going on around them, it rang clear. Aziz could feel himself flinch at the sound of it, his head whipping over. 

The boy was staring straight at him.

The scepter collided with his side, causing Aziz's eyes to snap open.

"Get up," Jafar ordered, ignoring the noise of pain that Aziz let out, "You've slept enough."

"You look mad," Aziz forced out, pushing himself up into a sitting position, "Is something the matter?" 

"Tell me about that Genie of yours," Jafar said, tilting his head up with the staff.

"Xavier?" Aziz asked, "What about him?"

"He's not very trusting, is he?" He asked, "the suspicious type?"

"Oh I see," Aziz said with a small smirk, "That sand clone not working out the way you want it to?"

"It's making him quite ill."

"Yeah, that happens sometimes."