Chapter 11

This chapter is set during the night before the chapter leaving for Auradon.

Aziz sat up when he heard the lock on the door click, his hands moving to play with the sheets as he watched the door carefully. His sister gave his hand a gentle squeeze to try and calm him.

"You're going to be ok," She said softly as their parents stepped into the room.

"How are you feeling, darling?" His mother asked, sitting on the bed next to him.

"Xavier dropped by," He said, "He fixed me up the best he could."

"Fixed you?" Jasmine asked, taking in the lack of bandages that were on his leg and ribs.

"Magical healing," Aziz explained simply, "I feel better, I can go back now."

"Aziz," His father sighed, "We talked about this already."

"There's no point in him staying here if he's not injured," Jesna pointed out, "He feels better."

"It's better for him," Jasmine told her as she's turning her attention back to Aziz, "We can keep a better eye on you here."

"But-"

"Enough, Aziz," His father said, "You're saying here."

"So what, you're going to isolate me again?" Aziz asked, "Keep me locked away from everyone?"

"Aziz, you aren't stable," His mother hissed, "You aren't all there in the head."

"Yes I am," He snapped back, tightening his grip on the sheets, "I'm not crazy-"

"Then stop acting like you are," His mother said before taking a breath and taking her son's hand in hers, far too gentle for the words that she had just said, "We actually came to talk to you about this. You're not staying in Agrabah."

"I'm going back to Auradon?" Aziz asked, unable to help the desperation that leaked into his voice. 

"No, Aziz," His father sighed, "Your mother and I found it best if we... sent you to the hospital for a bit."

Aziz could almost feel his heart stop, his head spinning at his father's words. His sister reaction wasn't all that better, she was on her feet in an instant.

"You're joking," He forced out, "No you can't do that! We had a deal-"

"And if you turn out to be right, we'll take you out," Jasmine said, cutting him off.

"That isn't the deal you made with him," Jesna snapped, "You told him that you wouldn't send him away at all until you got the results."

"We aren't going to argue with either of you on this," Aladdin said, "Aziz you're leaving tomorrow."

"No, dad, please you can't do this," Aziz pleaded, "I can't go back there, please."

"Aziz," He said sternly, causing a flinch that made his father's face soften, "We're only doing what's best for you. We're trying to help you."

"You're making it worse!" Jesna snapped.

"Dad, please don't send me back there," Aziz said softly, not quite trusting himself to talk any louder, "Please I can't go back there."

It felt like it was getting harder to breath by the second.

"Stop overreacting, Aziz," Jasmine said, "It's not a big deal, we're trying to help."

"We are sorry Aziz," Aladdin said, "We didn't want it to come down to this."

"We'll come get you in the morning," Jasmine said, standing up, "Get some rest darling."

And here's where Aziz gets his 'I'm just overreacting, it's not a big deal' mindset-

I swear Jasmine and Aladdin were supposed to be good parents, I promise I don't know what happened-