Chapter 29

Here's the warning for the chapter, Aziz has some thoughts about himself and about how he views his own trauma that isn't ideal for a person to have. When it comes to his own pain and trauma, Aziz can tend to be a bit of an unreliable narrator, so just keep that in mind while I play down his trauma for a couple of lines.

Navigating the streets was a little easier than Aziz had expected. No one seemed to pay him any mind as he followed the ringing and voices. He had a feeling he was going the right way when the voices began to get muddled together, quieting themselves as he moved forward. 

He allowed himself a sigh of relief as he ducked into an empty alley, clutching his head as another sharp pain hit him. 

You're so close.

Aziz lifted his head, looking up and down the alleyway, making sure he was alone as he straightened up again. He was close, and soon the voice would finally shut the fuck up. Aziz kept his eyes trained on the ground as he walked through the streets. In a kind of messed up way, the Isle reminded him of Agrabah when he walked the streets. If he kept his head down and didn't draw attention to himself, Aziz would be fine. That's how he did it when he snuck out of the palace walls, and that's what he was going to do now.

He let his thoughts drift as he walked, doing his best not to look too out of place. Jay had to have realized that he slipped off by now. He had to. There was no way he'd be able to be gone for too long without Jay realizing it. Hell, if he thought Jay was worried, he didn't even want to know how Xavier  was doing. He worried about everything, with or without a good reason. 

Aziz tried to suppress the image of the stress and the worry he must have caused them as he moved forward.

Every villain known to man was on this Island. Well, almost every. The Red Queen had a few loopholes.

Aziz almost stumbled as he thought of Jafar being on the Isle. He shook his head slightly, his eyes darting around him, making sure that he wasn't drawing any attention.

"Jay had to grow up with him," His inner voice nagged, "You have no right."

It wasn't a big deal. He was fine. He was only with Jafar for what, a day? He had no right to be hurt from it.

Aziz could feel his breath becoming short, almost as if he couldn't get enough air into his lungs as his thoughts continued to swirl in his head, almost drowning out the ringing and the voice. 

What the hell was he thinking? He should have stayed with the others, he should have listened, he should have-

He was snapped out of the downward spiral as quickly as it had started as he felt someone grab onto his wrist, roughly dragging him into an empty alleyway.

His thought's may have stopped abruptly, but his breathing and his heart certainly didn't. If anything, his breathing sped up. If he didn't have enough air before, he definitely didn't have any now as he thrashed in the stranger's grip, doing his best to get loose. 

The person only tightened their grip, pulling him further down the alley, and Aziz could faintly smell the scent of the ocean in the air. Once the person decided that they were far enough away from the crowds, Aziz found himself pinned against the wall, his hands above his head and held in one of the stranger's hands.

"Well, I certainly got lucky," The stranger said and Aziz could almost find a familiarity in it, "Here I thought that I'd have to wait to get off this Island."

Aziz could barely get any words out, his whole focus on getting this person off and away from him. His eyes were darting around, searching desperately for some kind of escape.

"Hey, now, relax," they said, grabbing Aziz's face and forcing him to look at them, "It's not going to hurt too much."

The man's face wasn't covered, but that didn't matter. Aziz wasn't focusing on his face. The man was too close to him. There was too much of his body pressed against him. The world was spinning around him as his thoughts swarmed like a hurricane in his head. 

What was this man going to do to him?

Was he going to kill him?

Fuck, was he going to die?

That's when the position that Aziz was in really sunk in. That's when he realized just how vulnerable he was. 

Was he going to-

"Aziz," The stranger commanded, patting his cheek in an attempt to snap him out of the spiral he was in, "Snap out of it."

Aziz shook his head, trying to pull his hand away from the man's grip on his arms as his other hand slipped into his bag.

"Magic doesn't work on the Isle," the stranger said, pulling out a bottle and grabbing his face again, "It's really more of a blessing for me, but for you?"

His other hand slipped from Aziz's hands, but he could find it in him to really fight back. His panic had taken over again as the man forced his moth open and emptied the contents of it down his throat.

"I'm really sorry I had to do this to you," The stranger mumbled, leaning in close as Aziz swallowed, "But I have to see my family again, and I can't do that if I still have my magic."

"What did you do?" Aziz asked, staring up at him. 

The stranger opened his mouth to respond, but he didn't have a chance to as he was ripped off, allowing Aziz to collapse back against the wall. He could barely process the words being spoken around him, and he almost missed how the stranger ran back down the alleyway, leaving Aziz alone with the new person.

A person with an all too familiar accent.

"Well, well, what do we have here?"