The Headband Incident

Xiongzhang and I were back at Nuwa's palace. It was nice seeing Wei Ying being himself for a bit before everything started to shift beyond our expectations and control.

"How are you both feeling?" Nuwa asked us.

"We are okay," Xiongzhang answered, "but we are bracing ourselves for what could happen."

"Of course," She said, "Wei Wuxian had this facade about him. He seemed to always be wearing a mask. At some point that mask will break."

"I think I understand what you mean," I said, "he is good at keeping things to himself and will lie in such a way that is almost believable."

"Correct," Nuwa said, "you two can head on your way then."

We nodded and the world shifted around us.

~*Flashback*~
My brother and I found ourselves still at Cloud Recesses. It was late, past curfew and we were standing outside Wei Wuxian's sleeping quarters he was assigned when he came to Gusu. We were about to go approach his place when we spotted my past self walking through on night patrol and I happened to see Wei Ying's lights were still on. So I went to go check on him.

Brother and my current self followed inside to see Wei Ying, Jiang Wanyin, and Nie Huaisang plastered, meaning drunk. This was the night Wei Ying got me to drink.

"Oh no," I said.

"What?" Brother asked.

"This was the night Wei Ying managed to get me to drink," I answered, "so tomorrow we would be punished."

"Oh," my brother said amused.

As we turned our attention back to the others Wanyin and Hauisang pretended to be sick and stormed out leaving me alone with Wei Ying. I turned to leave and he stuck something on my back causing me to stop in place.

"What did he do?" I asked and walked over to see, "a talisman?"

"Seems to me like you were manipulated," brother said, "but I am curious about what you are like drunk."

I looked at my brother who still had this amused look on his face, "I don't even remember what happened?"

"I guess you'll find out," brother said turning our attention back to the memory.

"Lan Zhan, come here," Wei Ying commanded, "have a drink."

That was all he had to say for my to do as he said. I was shocked, "his talismans are beyond incredible," I said, "just using that one on me I managed to follow his order."

Brother laughed as we watched my past self drink the alcohol. After about ten seconds I passed out and Wei Ying was confused. My brother couldn't help but laugh.

"Ridiculous," I said watching the scene in front of me.

Wei Ying managed to get me over to the bed and lay me down. He then went to go clean up but was stopped when I started to get up off the bed. Wei Ying stopped me and brought me back. That repeated several times before he decided to just sit down on the floor beside me and wait for me to sleep.

"Lan Zhan, say Wei Ge ge," Wei Ying said.

"Wei...Ge..ge," I answered in a drunk state.

Both my brother and Wei Ying laughed at the scene. We then watched as he tried to touch my headband.

"What is it?" I asked moving my head away.

"Finally a response from you," Wei Ying said, "your headband is tilted."

"Tilted?!" I asked shocked and sat up started to try and adjust it.