An Innocent Young Man

This will be a fairly decent long chapter. 

/////////////

After watching Wen Chao take his punishment, I became very pleased. I know it will probably backfire in the future, but then again Wen Ruohan had always thought Wen Chao as a problem and a joke for a child of his. Even though I don't like Wen Ruohan, I can agree with him on one thing, Wen Chao is a piece of useless garbage, and his mistress Wang Lingjiao isn't any better. She is the biggest reason Wei Ying lost his Uncle, Madam Yu, shidi and shimei in the past life. After the Wen's left, the ceremony continued on. Shufu and Xiongzhang called me over once the ceremony ended. I was probably going to get scolded for potentially putting Cloud Recesses in danger.

"Wangji, good job standing up to Wen Chao," Shufu told me, "I was considering on having to do some writing as punishment but I am not going to punish you even at all. It was worth flogging the arrogant fool of a Wen."

I nodded and looked at Xiongzhang, "Shufu, Wangji and I actually have some things to discuss with you if you are free."

"Of course," He said.

"Why don't we go to Yashi (Elegance Room) and discuss it there for privacy," Brother suggested.

Uncle and I nodded and followed him over to Yashi.

"So, what did you want to discuss?" Shufu asked as we settled at the table with tea being brewed.

"I know it will sound crazy but I hope you can hear us out, and know that we would never lie or make something like this up," Xiongzhang told him.

Shufu nodded. Xiongzhang then allowed me to speak, "I actually both died once already and I am actually considered to be in the past. I am from the future. I was given a second chance to correct things that went wrong...hopefully stop my death in the process."

"I did not die but through inquiry, I reached Wangji's spirit and through the help of a goddess, Wangji and I looked at the past memories of someone that effected our lives greatly. He was framed for crimes he did not commit and because of all the cultivation world not believing he was innocent, drove that young man to suicide," Xiongzhang explained the rest, "Because of that man's suicide, Wangji's was left heartbroken and was even punished for helping him as you also believe the young man the world blamed, was evil and guilty."

"What punishment?" Shufu asked a bit shocked hearing all of this.

"For hurting thirty-three elders of our clan to protect the man, I was whipped thirty-three times. Because of having a broken heart and the whipping, I could not properly heal. I lost the will to continue living. I blamed myself for a lot that happened to the young man because I had doubted him but was too late when I finally understood his innocence. So my spiritual energy slowly depleted and my life slipped away. Leaving you and Xiongzhang."

Uncle was crying. We haven't seen that man ever cry. He must have been heart broken to hear that his two precious nephews were hurt in such a way.

"To continue, I got brother to join me and seeing the young man's memories. He was left alone as an orphan. After a couple years a clan leader who knew his parents took him home to raise the child for the sake of his friendship to the boy's parents. His wife was not pleased, however. She berated the little boy calling him a servants son and a bastard child who was rumored to be that clan leader's son from an affair. It was not an affair, the woman just did not want to believe the truth and scolded the boy as he grew up.

"When he was fifteen he came here to Gusu to study along with other clan heirs and head disciples. He had a mischievous personality but he was also very smart despite not paying attention in the lectures. He was punished by you when he spoke of a second path which involves resentful energy. Of course it only angered you and he was punished having me to supervise him. Later the two of us discovered the Yin Iron and the Wen's wanting to use it..."