Shameless

The following day, I told Wei Ying he could could catch up with his siblings as I needed to speak with my brother. Today was the greeting ceremony and, like before, I am sure Wen Chao is going to cause a problem. Especially since he harmed our gate keepers in the process. So after breakfast I had time to go speak with him.

"He?" I called as I knocked on the door to Hanshi.

He opened the door and as always, he had a smile on his face, "missed me already? You just saw me at breakfast," he teased.

"I just can't help myself," I teased back, "I enjoy my brother's warm presence."

"Wangji, it's going to take some time for me to see you act this way, but I love that you are," Xiongzhang said leading me inside and we sat down.

"I come to find out, teasing and being a little shameless is actually quite fun," I admitted, "you can blame the past for that."

"I am, and I will have to keep an eye on you now so you don't go overboard," he playfully scolded me.

"Ge," I said becoming serious and the room was now a lot more tense, "Greeting ceremony? Wen Chao?"

"I asked the keepers to stand behind the gate and keep the ward up. I told them to send a flare if there was any problems, meaning Wen Chao," he told me, "I will then deal with it immediately."

"Okay," I said and then wanted to ask one more question but was very hesitant.

"What?" He asked.

"I know it's probably wishing thinking, but Father?" I asked, "should we try to convince him out of seclusion? He hasn't been there for us I know, but I don't want him to lose his life if we can't prevent Cloud Recesses from getting attacked."

"I have been thinking about that as well," he said, "but maybe at the moment we should play out the timeline. See if things are at the same time or if things happen sooner or later then what they should. As the butterfly effect is a big obstacle for us."

I nodded, "maybe I can go speak with Father, or I can ask Wei Ying for advice," I suggested, "maybe Wei Ying might know how to help me speak with him."

"You'd have to tell him about our parents history," Brother warned.

"I know," I said, "It is something I am putting a good amount of thought into."

Xiongzhang nodded, "The ceremony is going to start soon, so we should head over to Lanshi (Orchid Room/ Class room)."

I nodded and followed Xiongzhang out. When we got to Lanshi, there was still some time yet, but I went over to my seat regardless. Shufu was a bit surprised I did not go up to him to greet him as I would normally. I am still trying to come to terms that even though it happened, only Xiongzhang and I have knowledge of the previous life. Shufu made a lot of mistakes then and in the life, he has not made them yet, and I was not sure if I could handle him again. At least right now, I felt it was still too soon. Brother and I have talked about sitting down with Shufu and telling him about it all but we need more time to think it through. Xiongzhang was hurt just as much as I was at that time, especially being so helpless he could not stop the punishment, and mourning over my death. 

"Lan Wan..." a familiar voice said beside me, taking me out of my thoughts, "Lan Zhan?!" the voice said louder. I turned to see and it was of course, Wei Ying, "Ah, what is that displeased look for? I said your name several times and I finally got your attention."

"I am sorry," I told him, "I was thinking about somethings that I did not notice or hear."

"It's fine, I just wanted to come and say hello," Wei Ying said, "You seemed distracted so I thought maybe something was wrong or you were upset about something."

"No, I am not upset," I said, "Are your siblings settled in alright?" 

"They are," he said happily, "they asked me where I was rooming and I told them with you and Jiang Cheng said that was a big mistake on Cloud Recesses part."

"Why? I was the one who asked my brother for you to stay with with me," I told him. 

"That's what I told him...Wait, you requested for me specifically? Why?" He asked.

"Someone has to keep an eye on you," I teased, "Who knows how many rules you might actually break. I heard about your playful demeanor."

"I can be any kind of playful if you like," He teased me with a wink. 

"Shameless," I said in whisper. I could feel my ears and cheeks get warm from his words.

"I am the most shameless person in Yunmeng," He said proudly.

"So I have heard," I said with a smirk, "Let's see how shameless you can be with me around, Wei Ying. I wonder how long you can last."

"Is that a challenge?" He said folding his arms.

"I can be just as shameless, if I wanted to," I told him. 

"Oh yeah, prove it," He told me.

I looked at him, "I can take you back to Jingshi and put you bed if you want," I told him. 

Wei Ying looked at me in shock. He did not expect that to come out of my mouth and his face was all red from blushing so much. I believe I was winning in this shameless battle, wasn't my plan to be this shameless towards him right away, but he asked for it.

'I have regretted not telling you how I felt about you in the past and waisted so much time. I now have a second chance and I am willing to continue on waiting until you are sure. I never really knew if he had the same feelings for me back then, but he did so much for me then and I did nothing to reciprocate.' I thought to myself. 

"Ugh, well," he said, "I was not expecting you to say that, but I am not tired."

"Are you sure I meant to sleep?" I asked still teasing him.

"Excuse me?" He asked stunned.

"Nothing," I said, "Do you have anything else you would like to say or are you good? Everyone is almost here and the ceremony is going to start soon."

He smiled and then pulled a cheeky grin, "I think I am good for now, but I am sure we can continue being shameless later," He said standing and turned to leave

"Sure, don't get lost on your way back to your seat," I told him.

He turned back to look at me, I just had a playful smirk on my face. He let out a giggle and sat at his seat. I then turned my attention to the front and saw my brother pulling a smirk on his face that read, 'I see you two flirting.' I shook my head making him hold back a laugh so he faked a cough so he could readjust his presence.