Surprise

Wei Ying's eyes lit up like a million fireflies. He wandered around his new workshop taking everything in. It was everything he could want so he can create what he wanted and more. His eyes spotted a double door and he grew curious. Opening it, the other side was a lecture hall for him to teach disciples anything and everything about crafting spells and talismans. After checking the lecture hall he went back to the main workshop and found his own personal library on the other side through another set of doors. Books and scrolls everywhere and he was excited.

"This is amazing!" He said in excitedly, "thank you."

"You're welcome, A'Xian," Xiangzhang said, "but you haven't seen outside yet."

Wei Ying looked at us before going back to the main workshop. He saw one last set of doors that lead out back. Opening the doors, his mouth dropped open and it looked like he was going to cry.

"Are you alright?" I asked him.

"I am more than alright," He said happily and went outside. There was an open yard with a nice little lotus pond for him and a small pavilion to the left, "this is more than I could ask for, thank you."

"You deserve it," I told him, "you work hard and are very talented. Cloud Recesses wants to acknowledge that and allow you to work freely and share your knowledge with other."

Wei Ying pulled me into a hug, "thank you," he said in a whisper into my shoulder.

"You're welcome," I said rubbing his back and looked at my brother.

"We put your protection talismans all over the place here and on other important buildings. Less chances for the to explode when you are working," he said.

Wei Ying laughed, "I guarantee there will be some explosions but I am not sure when or how. I will try not to though."

As we stood there, the emergency bell rang from the main building, "xiongzhang?" I said.

"I want you two, to get disciples to the cave safely, and I will go find Shufu," he said.

Wei Ying and I ran to the escape route. I was closer to the main hall while Wei Ying led them to the cave. Everyone managed to get there safely. I was curious as to why they ambushed Cloud Recesses specifically. We had not heard anything from other sects and we have been very careful not to mention anything to anyone. Only Shufu, my brother, Wei Ying, and I know, so what could they possibly want?

We managed to get everyone inside. Any young ones with out a headband were being held by an adult. Anyone without a headband that was an adult, we told them to stay out of reach of the ancestor's zither. There was one disciple missing though, brother told me he counted and there was one missing.

I then had a thought, "Su She betrayed us last time by telling them how to enter the cave, did he get information and give it to someone from the Wen Clan?" I asked quietly.

"It is a possibility, he is the one missing," Xiongzhang said.

Wei Ying unnoticeably removed my ribbon I was sharing and ran out of the cave, "Wei Ying!" I yelled.

I debated if I should go to him or stay. I looked at Shufu and my brother and they gestured me to go. When I stepped out, Wen Xu was standing with some of his Sect disciples.

"Su She," Wei Ying said, "you look nice in Wen robes."

"Traitor," I told him.

"So, I found out that you and Wei Gongzi have a lot to hide," he said with a smirk, "I heard you even destroyed the Yin Iron. Wen Ruohan was furious. He wanted to annihilate Gusu Lan Sect completely. But he had a change of heart, you two surrender to him and we let everyone else go."

"You think, we will surrender so easily?" Wei Ying asked.

"You might want to, or Lotus Pier will be next," Su She probed.

Wei Ying closed his eyes and brought Chenqing to his lips. I took out Bichen and was ready to protect him at any cost. I even took out my zither and gave a blast of Chord Assassination to push them back.

((Zui Meng of course is from The Untamed series. I felt this music would work so well for what I am going to write.)))

When he played vines rose from the ground and tied up all the Wens included Su She. The vines then start to glow yellow. They were draining their spiritual energy to keep them from fighting. I went into the cave to get my brother and he followed me back out. Shufu followed as well after ordering the others to stay put.

The spiritual energy that was drained from the Wens was put back into the earth as a resource to grow more plants and other natural resources. I was surprised that Wei Ying can do this but is was again not unorthodox and free of resentment. It was a way to gain an advantage.

"Uncle Qiren, Xichen- ge, I will leave them to you then?" Wei Ying asked after he stopped playing.

The vines remained wrapped around the Wens and because their energy was drained, they could not break or fight the vines.

"Yes," Xiongzhang said and approached Wen Xu, "let me guess, indoctrination to be held at the Wen Sect?"

"Yes but how did you know?" Wen Xu asked.

"Let's call it, intuition," My brother said with a smug look on his face, "Shufu, Su she betrayed the clan, but before we kick him out, the core ripper is still available right?"

"Yes, you are no longer to be a Lan Sect member and you will have your core removed for sharing private information," Shufu stated.

I smiled as the disciples gathered the rest of the Wens and locked them in our dungeons. Xiongzhang sent a message to other sects about the ambush and the indoctrination. Telling them to being fake swords and not the real ones. Also to bring a dagger to hide in their person for protection. He then sent a letter to Wen Ruohan himself saying we have hus son Wen Xu and some other disciples held captive for the time being. He can have them back when Wei Ying and I return to Cloud Recesses safely and unharmed.

After Su She's core was removed, we gave him three days of rest before sending him on his way. Let him think twice before doing something stupid again. After another week, Wei Ying and I were getting ready to leave for the indoctrination.