Enough Is Enough

"ChengCheng!" Wei Ying called as we got to his living quarters?

"What?" He spat having his angry resting face expression as always.

"Lan Zhan and I are joining Xichen-Ge to investigate Water Ghouls, would you like to come help?" Wei Ying offered.

"Sure," He said, "Someone has to make sure you stay out of trouble."

"AiYa! ChengCheng!" Wei Ying whined, "I don't go to trouble, trouble finds me."

"Who's your ChengCheng?!" He reprimanded.

Wei Ying giggled and walked beside me again. Jiang Wanyin was on the other side of him, "How long has this been going? The water ghouls?" Wanyin asked.

"Xiongzhang did not say, he just said he got reports from a disciple who came from town," I answered, "We can ask him when we meet him at the gate."

"Oh," Wanyin said, "Hey, Wuxian isn't cause you trouble or anything write? As I know he rooms with you."

"We get along fine," I told him, "he has a fun personality."

"Fun?" Wanyin asked, "More like mischievous and annoying."

"No," I assured him, "Fun and kind are the terms for him."

"Are you really Lan Wangji?" Jiang Wanyin asked me causing me to stop walking and look at him.

"Pardon me?" I asked, as I was starting to get a bit annoyed with him.

I now remembered why I didn't like him before all the events happened in the past life. Always has something bad or negative to say or misunderstands the situation. He even believes false rumors. He will never change will he?

"I mean, I heard you were someone who does not tolerate playfulness and mischievous behavior," He said confused.

"That would be my uncle, and sometimes I am like that, but not with Wei Ying. He his special to me," I told him, "Believe me, if you know your brother as you think you do, I think you should think before you speak, especially before judging others."

Before he could say anything more, I started walking again. Wanyin was speechless anyway at my statement. I met up with my brother and he could see that I was annoyed.

"Is everything okay?" He asked me.

"I will tell you later," I told him and looked around, "No Su She this time?"

He smirked, "No, do you think I want to put 'someone' in danger a second time," He said nonchalantly gesturing his head to Wei Ying.

I let out a chuck at his comment. We continued forward and all gathered in a few boats to head to Biling Lake. I was in a boat on my own and Wei Ying was in a boat beside me, alone. I had a feeling he was going to repeat what happened before.

"Xichen-Ge, water ghouls are usually pretty cunning, what if we don't spot them today?" Wei Ying asked.

"We will keep looking until we do," I told him.

He did not respond right away, and then, "Lan Zhan, look at me!" he called out.

I did as before, looked at him and jumped to his boat as he splashed water towards my direction, "Shameless," I told him in a low voice.

"Hey, you're welcome," He said with a giggle.

I looked at him and couldn't help but smile at him. Of course brother question about why they were under the boat and Wuxian said the displacement was strange, saying the boat sunk deeper of having two people instead of one, so there might have been a ghoul.