Protection

Yanli and Huaisang have already made huge progress for their cultivation. Huaisang is grateful that he can learn to fight and defend himself without the fear of the backlash of the sabres in his sect. Yanli's core is already improving. Her patience she gained over the years dealing with her brothers, she put into good use for meditation.

Wei Ying took time from crafting to help the two learn to fight using the fans. He made a fan for himself so he had an easier time teaching. He thought it was be of use for him later as well. He named his fan Yèyīng (Nightingale). I found it to be a beautiful black fan with a nice little floral design on it. The name is also very nice.

((Yèyīng - Nightingale)

Wei Ying had been researching and studying wind cultivation and fan martial arts for a good portion of his day. All the while he still makes time to work on the core protection talisman and spending time with me as well. I told him I am just happy to sit with him if that is all he needs. He asked if I was willing to spend time in Mingshi as he worked. I already do that so I don't mind continuing.

It was almost seven at night when I was about to tell Wei Ying to call it for the day, but he jumped out of his seat and hugged me tightly.

"I take it you finally got it," I said with a chuckle.

"I did," he said, "can I test it on you?"

I really didn't mind. I trusted him, "you can."

He cast a spell that ignited from red to white and cast it to my dantian, the place where my golden core was. I did not feel anything at first but then I felt my body become warm and it glowed from red to white setting the protection barrier for the core. He repeated the process from the back as well.

"So I feel fine, how do you know if it works?" I asked.

He waved his hand and motioned it to punch me where my core was. As his hand was inched from my body, his hand rebounded and he flew back laying on the floor.

"Wei Ying!" I yelled and helped him up, "are you alright?"

"I am, and it works. It will stay like that until I either remove it or you die. And I refuse to let you die," he told me.

I chuckled, "I'm not going anywhere. Should we find Wanyin and maybe whoever else you want to place it on?" I asked, "and next week the other sects will be leaving so we can set up the new ward."

"Yes let's go find Jiang Cheng, and Shijie," Wei Ying said, "I can put one on Xichen-ge as well if you want?"

"What about me?" Xiongzhang asked, "why is it that every time I come to see you two, my name is brought up right at that moment?"

"You just have good timing," Wei Ying said, "also do you trust me?"

"I do," he said, "why?"

"Don't move, I'll explain when I am done," Wei Ying commanded.