Changes to Come

Wei Ying has his cheerful smile that brights up not only my day, but everyone else as well. We have had a discussion about the sect leader situation for Lotus Pier. Yanli had decided to stay here in Gusu after she marries my brother. Wei Ying and I decided after we wed, we will take the job as duo sect leaders.

Since I have had some practice with my Brother being a sect Leader, I know what to expect, and Wei Ying is head disciple of Lotus Pier. Since Yanli passed on the position, and Jiang Wanyin is stripped of his title, that would leave Wei Ying to take the role. He said that he would not take Jiang's name. He would either keep his own or take mine. He prefers mine of though course. Lan Ying, courtesy name, Lan Wuxian, I like it.

There is also a discussion about us moving there of course. Wanyin would be an ordinary person now and is confined in Lotus Pier. He has decided to go into seclusion when his father dies after Wei Ying and I take over the sect. I will also be in purple robes. I had discussions about my own beliefs that I wanted to stick to.

The head band, and since I wear white the most, purple would be an accent for the most part, so it would be purple for Yunmeng and blue for Gusu. Wei Ying decided to follow me on that, though he will stick with his darker attire. Aside from the wardrobe, there is also the drinking for me, I do not want to put Wei Ying through another drunk night even if it was for a few minutes. I will not drink. The cooks will also learn to cook some meals that are suitable for my palette as I do not eat spicy food. Everything is being prepared by Jiang Fengmian for us so that it is all set for when we arrive.

Shufu had also decided to keep the workshop as it can be a place for Wei Ying to work when we visit. Fengmian has a few disciples making a workshop for Wei Ying in Yunmeng so he can work freely their. Since there will be ties between Gusu and Yunmeng, we will always aid one another.

The only thing that would be a bit difficult would be a sect heir from Wei Ying and me. We have talked about adopting some day of course. Wei Ying was an orphan and knows how hard it is for a child without a family. He wants to be a better father to the child then how he was ever treated. He wants to keep the principles the same but he also wants to make changes. He said he doesn't want the role of a sect leader but he is already having a mind as one. Thinking of way to better the sect and it people, as well as bordering towns and villages.

Wei Ying has also made some changes just for himself. He said he was done letting people walk all over him. He has been through a life where all he did was give and in return he was given unnecessary guilt. I told him he deserves the world and more.

"Lan Zhan, I don't need the world to be happy," he said, "I have you. That is all that matters to me."

"Suck up," I told him in a flirtatious tone.

"It's true though. I don't need anything fancy or a sect. I just need my Hanguang Jun," he told me wrapping his arms around my neck.

"You have me, and all I need is my Wei Ying," I said.

I smiled and placed my lips against his cheek, brushing it lightly—and still that light touch sent shivers through his nerves, shivers that I could feel his whole body tremble in my arms. I then brushed my  lips against his temple moving my lips downward to trace the line of his cheekbone. Grazing my lips down the bridge of his nose and stopped to kiss the tip.

"Mmm, A'Zhan, must you tease me every time. Whether it is kissing or in bed," he said with a giggle, "you just love to get me worked up."

"Mmm Hmm," I hummed against his nose.

My lips were soon against his. The kiss was gentle, warm, and passionate. Our mouths fight happily and setting our tongues free for a spar. Just like when we fight, Bichen against Suibian, the spar continues within our mouths. Tongues twisting and tangling with each other. Teeth nibbling at the lips to create a distraction. A jab into the cavern of his mouth then a follow up with an attack against the hollow of my mouth. Lips clash teeth aid and tongues wrangle, as our mouths fight for dominance. As the kiss starts to end, I let my tongue do one more swipe across his lips and sucked on his bottom lip as I pulled away.

Just that small moment between us is a moment that lasts a life time in our memories. I am happy to have my A'Ying happy again.

Since all that time has passed, It's been a few months since all that has happened, but there is still about six months until the wedding. There is a lot to do for a wedding, robe fittings and design details, decor for the wedding event, decor for the banquet, and decor for the wedding chambers.

There is a brushing ceremony and a tea ceremony that we need to prepare for. Since we are marrying the same day as my brother and Yanli, we are having to coordinate with what we want for our wedding. Wei Ying and I didn't want to do anything fancy or go overboard. We just want to do the simplest we can and just marry.

We love each other that it doesn't matter about these extra things. We just want to be married. Plus a wedding is a one day thing and then everything seems to be put away. It seemed nonsense to me to go overboard. To other people, marriage is a huge deal and they say you should enjoy the wedding day. The night itself is just as exciting.

Wei Ying and I already have exciting nights as it is, so the night of our wedding is just the same....though I wouldn't mind doing some research to spice things up a bit. We will have to see though.