7

I arrive at the local diner that we were going to, but Carla's not there. Everyone's asking where she is, and I'm kind of scared to tell them why she's not here.

We all settle down and order our usual, 2 extra large fries to share. We started eating and i decided to speak up.

"Hey guys, I think I know why Carla isn't here..."

They all went quiet.

"Ok so before I start, I have a confession to make. I have a boyfriend." A chorus of "ooohs" and "awwes" and the occasional "ew" from none othe but Sky.

"And she got really mad at me because of who it is."

"Is it her ex, Hunt?"

"Oh my gosh NO! Never in amillion years. gross"

"Then who is it?" Lori pipes up.

"Its... Alex."

"Ew the gross 6th grader Alex?" Sky says in disgust.

"No, my brother." from who else but, Carla? This can'tbe good I think.

Why is she here, and why does she have this evil look on her face?

...................................................................................

ding  my phone goes off

I check to see who it is, hoping its not Carla, and thankfully its not. She hasn't texted me all vacation so far since Friday, and its already Wednesday. Its Jilly, who is Carla's next-door neighbor.

Hey Kay, so I really shouldn't be telling you this, but Carla was talking to me and she said she had a "plan" that had to do with you and Alex. I tried getting more details but she wouldn't budge. I'm telling Alex too, so just watch your back. i hope its nothing too bad:)

oh great...