18

Carla's not at school the next day. Or the day after. Or the day after that. I try to text her, nothing. I text alex, but he avoids the topic. I ask around, nobody knows. Where is she? Is everything okay? I take a walk to her house, and there's no cars in the driveway, which is weird because he parents are both usually home from work by now. I know on the door anyways, incase Alex or Carla are home. No answer. I text alex to see where he is and he says that he's at his grandparents house. When I ask why, there's no response. I then ask if Carla's there too, but she's not. I'm shaking now, not knowing what's going on is freaking me out. The hot sun is making me sweat and I'm pacing back and forth. He stops responding so i call him. He doesn't answer and I get forwarded to voice mail. I know that Mrs. DiMino had given me her number at one point so I scroll through my contacts to find it. I call.
Hello? She answers in a whispering voice.
Hi Mrs.Dimino it's Krista... I was wondering if Carla was okay, since she hasn't been at school and hasn't been texting me. I've asked Alex but he just avoids talking about it.
Kris... I'm so sorry no one told you, but Carla's in the hospital, that's where we've been and Alex has been staying at my parents house, listen I'll call you back soon I have to go. Goodbye.
Goodbye...

A million and ten questions flow through my head, why is she there? What's wrong?
I need more information. I text Alex right away...
'hey I just talked to your mom, and she told me where Carla was
ding
--Ya... sorry I didn't know if she wanted me to tell you
-it's ok, I gtg ttyl
--bye ily♡
-ily2

Carla...