29

500 views!! Thank you all so much for all your support. It makes me so happy to know that there are people out there waiting for me to press the next 'publish' button. thanks again!!
..................................................................................
I walk back downstairs with my book and place it in my bag on the couch.
"Krista!"
"Oh, s-sorry Carla" I studder back. I guess she can tell that I didn't feel good so she asks
"Are you okay?"
"I don't feel very well, I think I'm going to head home early."
I walk out to the back yard to tell Alex and Cole I'm leaving so they don't get worried. Cole says ok and says that he'll see if I feel better tomorrow morning.
Alex insists on walking me home, but I tell him I'm fine and can walk by myself.
"Come on Kris, I need to make sure you make it home okay. You don't look so good." He persists while making his puppy dog eyes.
"Honestly I'm going to be okay, I just need some rest." Or something like that.
"But Kris...."
Gosh the puppy dog eyes. The stupid puppy dog eyes convince me of anything.
"I guess..." I just hope nothing slips out. I need to do a little more research before I prove that Talia did it.
He holds my hand the whole time, glancing at me with looks of concern every now and then.
We walk up to my house and at the end of my driveway I drop my hand and start walking off. He runs up behind me and pulls me back.
"Kris, are you sure everything is okay?"
"I'm sure. Listen, I just need to get some rest, I'm sure I'll be better in the morning."
"Okay..." he responds, but it's like I didn't convince him.
"Text me first thing in the morning" he finishes his sentence with a quick kiss on my cheek rather than a period.
I stare into his eyes, like diamonds reflecting the moonlight. He spoons me into a big bear hug and then sends me off on my way to bed.
I get inside, and the first thing I do is start up my laptop.
Time to do some research.