37

An eyebrow raises.
"What?" He asks, denying it.
"I'm really sorry, I don't know why..." tears are coming now, "you went inside that building the other night and he, he just came over to me, and... and... kissed me."
His face turns bright red with anger. He's speechless. I see his fists clench.
"Please, please don't hurt him" I cry out.
"Why would you do this?" He bursts out.
"I don't know, he - he just came up to me. and i... i didn't pull away."
"Kris..." he moans
"But it was different." I sat in a small voice.
"What do you mean" he replies, with a mix of anger and confusion.
"I didn't feel anything! There was no spark! With you, there's... there's something. I feel love. When you hold my hand, or give me a hug, my stomach does summersualts. I feel like I've met you for the first time every day. With him it's just, nothing. Like kissing a wall. He's like my brother, nothing more! I'm sorry." I'm pleading for forgiveness at this point.
"I... i don't know what to say. That was just wrong. You could've pushed away and ran and..." he screamed at me. He used the fierce voice that I heard that night. The night of the kiss. I was so terrified.
There was nothing I could do. "I'm sorry" I kept saying. He wouldn't say anything. Just stared at the ground kicking the dirt.
"Just shut the hell up!" He snaps
"I get it, your sorry, but saying it twenty freaking times is not going to change my mind."
He just swore at me, he never did that, he's so kind and polite.
I just sat there on the bench in shock.
"I'm sorry" he says standing up and rubbing his hand through his hair "I just, just knew that he was bad news."
With that he walked away leaving me alone on the bench.