Chapter 1

Chinese - Normal
Japaneses - Bold

________________________

Not far away in the Cloud Recesses, there is a new river that suddenly appeared out of nowhere a few weeks ago. A torqoiuse-colored pearl in the daylight, A magical crystal is formed in the moonlight. But, a beauty has its mystery and dangers.

True the river is beautiful but it has a mystery and dangers that resided in this river.

It is said that every night when the moon is big and shining brightly, the river becomes a rose with its thorns.

People have been disappearing and strange things have been appearing and going on in this very river. What seems to be pieces of clothes and belongings of the missing people are being washed out every full moon night.

Some say that this river is a work of a ferocious demon. Some say that this is a work of a God. Some is a work of an unknown creature.

They say that if you take a step in the water, you will be instantly get suck underneath the water . No matter how hard you try to get out, it's useless. Whether you have a high magical tool or no matter how skilled of a cultivator you are, it's useless. It feels like something is weighing you down but in reality there is not. And after that, when you reach the river floor, a man eating creature will be waiting for you to eat you until all of your bones are eaten. And that's when they started calling it the " Yan Lao Shizen Jiang " .

Of course, this didn't go unnoticed by the cultivators.

Late at night, a little far away from the river are 6 cultivators from 2 different famous clans. 5 cultivators from the Gusu Lan sect and 1 cultivator from the Lanling Jin sect, all heading towards their location, which is the rumored river.

" Why do I have to meet you guys here? This is really outrageous!!! " Jin Ling , a disciple of the Lanling Jin sect and nephew of the current leader of the Yunmeng Jiang sect, Jiang Cheng, grumbled.

" Well our feelings are mutual! Why did we have to meet you here! We can take care of this on our own! " Lan JingYi, a disciple of the Gusu Lan sect, said back.

" Aiya, what's with the hard feelings? We can work together to dispatch this one just like before! And The more the merrier! Right Lan Zhan? " Wei WuXian, the infamous Yiling Patriarch who so called died, under the identity of Mo XuanYu said and asked.

" Mn " Lan Zhan,a friend of Wei WuXian and brother of Lan XiChen. Him and his brother are known as the Twin Jade. He's the second young master of the Gusu Lan sect and one of the two people who knows Mo Xuanyu's real identity as Wei WuXian, replied.

" And you! Why do you have to be also here you lunatic!? You keep sticking to him like glue! " Jin Ling retorted back at Wei WuXian.

However, Wei WuXian just ignore his complaints this time and stop walking, along with Lan Zhan.

" Hey! Why did you suddenly stop!? Don't tell me you're scared. " Jin Ling said, mocking him.

" Are you sure you're not scared? Last time I checked you and little JingYi hugged each other in that cave on Mt. Dafan when you both thought it was a ferocious ghost or something else, but it turns out to be Sect Leader Jiang WanYin and Hanguang-jun. . " Wei WuXian grinned while looking at his spirit compass .

" Y-you! mmhm!? " Lan JingYi and Jin ling was cut off by Lan Zhan's silencing spell. While Wei WuXian found this amusing and funny, Lan JingYi and Jin Ling sulked in defeat. " Okay okay, that's enough. We're still kinda far away from our destination. Though, I think Fang MinJing is almost there. " Wei WuXian exclaimed while both Lan Zhan and Lan SizHui silently agreed.