Chapter 20

Japanese-normal

Chinese - bold

Chinese thoughts - bold and italics
__________________________________

" Excuse me. May I know which house do you belong to?"

Wei FengYing let out an apologetic yet awkward smile

" Ah- I apologize young master, but I do not belong to any house nor am I a worker of this district... yet."

At this moment, Wei FengYing was looking for the her friends and companion by trailing the energy her talisman emits. Upon doing so, she was once again interrupted by a young man, stopping her from doing so.

" Yet? So that means you're planning on working here soon?", the young man in front of her asked happily.

Wei FengYing let out a soft, awkward laugh.

" Ahahaha.. It seems so. Then pardon me young master. I will now be on my way."

Wei FengYing bowed and bid bye the young man.

" Oh! W-wait! Lady, if you do not mind, here!"

The young man stopped her, giving her some sort of a piece of cloth and gently place it on her hand.

" Here! Lady, my name is Karashima Mahito. A noble and the soon-to-be head of the Karashima clan. Please wear this so that I'll know that it's you when we'll meet again. "

It was a handkerchief. Based on how soft and shiny the material is, Wei FengYing concluded that it was made of silk. On the corner right of the handkerchief, is a neatly embroided pattern of a crow.

' now, I wonder how much I'll earn if I sell this..'

Wei FengYing let out a silent sigh, taking and accepting the handkerchief. She unfolded the handkerchief and tied it around her wrist,making the man in front of her beam in happiness.

" Then, till we meet again lady."

The young man bowed before walking off.

" Aiyah-OW!"

Wei FengYing crouched down as she held her head in her hands, tears brimming at the corner of her eyes. She looks up to see the one and only sound hashira, looking at her with a slight irritated expression on his face.

" Why did you hit a poor and fragile young lady such as myself for!?"

Uzui was beaming at her with rage, arms crossed.

" What fragile young lady?! Are you gay!? Get up! You'll be assigned in the Kyogoku house along with that loud ass kid."

Wei FengYing let out multiple" Ows " and" Aiyah! " as the sound pillar practically dragged her across the street.

_________________________________

" Then, thank you for your patronage, madam. ", Uzui bowed, pushing Wei FengYing towards the Kyogoku house where the boss of the house awaits for her.

" You better behave now, okay... Uhm... Weiwei?", Uzui patted the girl on the back, a fake smile adorning his face

' Weiwei? What kind of name is that!?', Wei FengYing internally complained as she let herself inside the brothel house.

She was guided by the owner of the house as she followed him to where her room was.

" Starting today, you'll be working here from now on. So do your best, okay dear?", the madam of the house said to her, looking over her shoulder with a bright smile

Wei FengYing slightly bowed her head, still keeping a gentle pace as she walks. " Yes, madam. "

Omitsu, the madam of the the brothel, was surprised by how smooth and gentle her voice was. It was as if she's almost talking to a divine being. It was neither childish and squeaky nor too mature and too breathy.

" Well then, let me introduce myself! My name is Omitsu. What is yours, dear?"

Wei slowly bowed her head once more with a blink as she replied
" Madam Omitsu... It's a pleasure to meet you. As what madam has heard earlier, my name is... Weiwei.". Wei FengYing cringed at the name the soundpillar has given her as she slightly shiver.

' Hmm, she's well mannered, gentle, elegant and mature. She has a great potential to be an Oiran!' Omitsu happily thought.

' However, It'll be quite dangerous for her if she and Warabihime-sama would meet each other', she anxiously thought. True, she and her husband may be the master and the madam of the Kyogoku house, but the both of them still cares for the girls and young women working for them. The only problem for them is the current Oiran of this house...

The owner slides open an empty room and told Wei FengYing to go inside.

" This will be your room! Kindly wipe your makeup away. You may only put them on when needed, alright? You can however leave the lipstick on if you wish."

Wei went inside the room and turned around to bow at the madam once more.

" I understand. Thank you very much, Madam. May the heavens bless you with good health and beauty. "

The madam giggled and gave her one last smile before closing the door, leaving the cultivator all alone in her room.

Wei FengYing stood in her place for a few seconds and let out a sigh of relief.

" Heavens, I forgot how hard it can be working in a brothel."

She walks towards a small desk located at the side of the room. On the surface was a piece of stand-mirror, along with small drawers, jewelry containers, and more necessities.

She unwrapped the handkerchief on her wrist that was given by the young man earlier and folds it, before placing it on top of the small drawers. She then took the bowl of water in her hands and put it beside her on the floor. Scooping a handful of water in her hands, she carefulky splashed it in her face three times before wiping her face with a clean towel.

Looking back at the mirror, she stared at herself...

' Sometimes, I think that this body looks exactly the same as my original body', Wei FengYing sweat dropped as she touched her cheek. ' I can't help but find it.... a little bit creepy..'

Wei let out a sound between a soft laughter and sigh before looking at the mirror once again, a smirk painting her face

' Well then, let's officially begin this mission, shall we?'