Chapter 14

Japanese - Normal
Chinese - Bold
Chinese thoughts - italic bold

_____________________________________

" How are you, Minjing?"

" I'm fine as I can ever be, Kagaya. There's no need to worry!"

Two days has passed since the cultivator woke up from her short coma. Right now, she's with the head of the demon slayer corps, paying her friend a visit as per requested by one of the kakushi.

" It's good to hear that you have woken up. Your friends were so worried about you, and that includes the hashiras. "

Wei FengYing raised her brows, grinning upon hearing that.  " Oh~ does that include that scarred guy and the dwarf snake? ".

Kagaya nod," Yes, even Sanemi and Iguro. They may not show it but they were quite not themselves upon hearing the news about you, according to a kakushi."

Wei FengYing let out a laugh " Really? I doubt that! Last time that I checked, they were pointing the tip of their swords at my throat while glaring daggers at me."

" Sanemi and Iguro have encountered hardships in life, and that includes their reason for hating  demons. Please understand and forgive them for their behavior. "

Wei FengYing waved her hand," Eehh, I've already forgiven them a long time ago. There's no need to worry about it. "

Kagaya smiled, grateful for the cultivator's kindness.

" If I may ask Minjing, what exactly happened on the day before you fell unconscious?"

Wei FengYing grew silent for a while, before opening her mouth to speak." While I was about to continue my training and meditation, a sudden pain engulfed my chest, causing me to stop my actions. After that, I saw black and became unconscious. "

As a part of the Yunmeng Jiang Sect ( Even though she and her brother were adopted) , Wei FengYing grew up learning  to become a cultivator during her days at the training grounds in Lotus Pier. And learning on how to trust or earn a person's trust is included.

When she and her brother became one of the promising cultivator, a lot of young masters and young maidens wanted to get close to them, either the intention to get engaged with one of them or merely for popularity.

Fortunately, she and her brother are not that easy to fool. The both of them already knew from the very beginning who to not trust and who to  trust  through their body languages and speeches.

The day Wei FengYing first met the head of the demon slayer corps, her instincts immediately told her that the man can be trusted. And she did what her instincts told her. She didn't regret doing so.

' This person' s spiritual core  is not that strong but not so weak either. So unlike my previous body, I can only use this spiritual core on a shorter time. But I was feeling fine moments before the pain. I may have probably overworked myself without realizing it. ', Wei FengYing thought as she continue to change the topic to not worry Kagaya anymore.

" Is that so?"

" Yes! I was so surprised when the three of them just jumped on me, yelling my name while crying their hearts out."

Kagaya chuckled. " It must be because they were so worried about you. I heard Tanjiro ran all the way here just some time after his mission when he had heard the news about you. The same with Zenitsu and Inosuke. "

" Really? ", Wei FengYing laughed." Ha~ I'm lucky to have them as my friends. "

Kagaya remained quiet, smiling fondly to the cultivator. This moment reminds him of the time where his friend, Lan Xichen, also unknowingly came into this world.