Chapter 25

Japanese-normal

Chinese - bold

Chinese thoughts - bold and italics

Flashback/Thoughts - Italic
__________________________________

The cultivator stared in shock at the sight before her. Instead of a lavishing, big and beautiful room filled with gifts and expensive, shining, golden ornaments and silky kimonos with colorful patterns neatly placed at the corner of the room, along with a beautiful and elegant lady sitting on a desk, putting on her makeup, the room in front of her is in shambles. The doors are found lying on the floor, followed an unconscious blonde person, a weeping little girl and the one who everyone feared in the brothel, Warabihime Oiran.

" What in the name of heavens..."

She trailed off, eyes never leaving the room that seem to have been passed by a storm.

' Wait, blonde hair?!'

There's only one person who has blonde locks in this brothel. And it's none other than Zenitsu.

" Oh dear heavens, Zenko! "

She unconsciously gasped out loud, gaining the attention of the Oiran and the master of the house.

Noticing the tray of food on her hands, the owner grit his teeth and directed his frustration at her as well as he was afraid of angering the vicious oiran more.

" You! I've instructed you to deliver Warabihime Oiran's dinner an hour ago! How come you've only arrived now?"

Surprised and still in the middle of processing what's happening, she flinched when the owner of the house pointed at her with a not-so-happy tone.

" Huh? I- uh...Just- I'm not-"

" Go and immediately make a new one now! "

Singhing inwardly, her feet scrambled to go and get the princess of the brothel a new tray of food. Of course, not before sending a concerned glance at the unconscious demon slayer.

She knew eyes were on her the moment the owner scolded her, but she's unaware of the narrowed and sharp eyes of the said evil beauty eyeing her back.

_________________________________________

When she got back with a new tray of food in hand, she was quite surprised at how fast they had fixed the place up. Well, fixed the door at least. She is still not sure at the condition of the room inside.

Just as she took a step near the door, she felt the hairs of her neck and arm immediately stood up, a chill running down her entire body.

' What...?'

This is the same feeling she got whenever something would intimidate her, which rarely happens in her lifetime.

Gripping the edges of the tray hard, she calmed herself down and took a deep breath, eyes boring on the door in front of her, or rather, the person behind those paper doors.

Putting on a facade, she kneeled just in front of the shoji door and called out with a soft voice. 

" Warabihime-sama, I apologize for my delay but I've brought your dinner."

A few shuffles inside and tye door was slid opened by a pair of small hands. It was a child, different from the injured one she briefly saw earlier which was possibly caused by the Oiran.