Chapter 9

Japanese - normal

Chinese - bold

Chinese thoughts - bold italics

_______________________________

Wei FengYing finally arrived in her destination. As she walks inside the village, she were greeted by a bunch of elderly, young maiden and man; and children. She happily greeted them back with a bright smile.

Wei FengYing seems not to be finding a shop that she wishes to go in, so the cultivator politely asked some people that was passing by.

" Excuse me, are there any shop where I can trade some foreign money?", she kindly asked a lady who seems to be in her early 20s.

The woman think for a moment, putting her index and thumb under her chin. " Hmmm. I think there is one over there. It's a restaurant but I assure you that that's where you can also trade some foreign moneys. ", she pointed towards a shop not far from them.

She respectfully bowed as a way to show her thanks and went to the shop.

As she walks inside, she's greeted by a sight of multiple customers eating and chatting with each other. The restaurant is rather decent. Not too extravagant or impecunious. It's just right.

" Good morning, dear customer. Welcome to our restaurant! Is there something that I can help you with?", a young man who seems to be a worker of the restaurant politely greeted her.

"Good morning. I'm here to exchange some foreign currency, and I was told that this shop can do just that," she explained.

The worker perked up at this and gave her a bright smile," Ah! Yes! Please follow me."

Wei FengYing did as what the worker said and followed him. He led her to a red door with gold lining decorations at the other side of the room. As they walked inside, she was greeted by the sight of some very expensive hairpins, clothes, jewelries, other foreign moneys and a lot more.

" Father! There's a customer here who wants to trade some foreign money!", the young man called out.

' Father? Then this young master must be the son of the owner of this place.', Wei FengYing thought.

As on cue, a man who seems to be in his late 20s came out from the backdoor and showed himself. " Ah, is that so. Sorry for the wait dear customer. Kaito, I'll take care of this. You can now go back to your own work.", Kaito' s father kindly exclaimed, showing him a gentle smile.

Kaito bowed towards his father and Wei FengYing, and walked out of the room.

" It appears like you and your son adore one other. ", Wei FengYing stated with a warm but sad smile.

The owner of the shop looked at her and chuckled, " Hmm, having Kaito as a son is already a blessing enough."

" I assume that you're the owner of this restaurant? ",

" Ah yes, I am. ", the owner confirmed. " You must not be from here, considering your foreign clothes and all."

" The shopkeeper(Lǎobǎn) guessed it right! My name is Fang MinJing, courtesy name Fang RuXu. You may call me however you want. ", Wei FengYing introduced herself using her of course, fake identity.