Chapter 12

Japanese - Normal

Chinese - bold

Chinese thoughts - Italic bold

__________________________________________

Night finally came, and the two demon slayers are now on their way to the forest.

The two arrived just outside the forest. Of course, they were met by the sight of numerous trees. With a lanter in hand, the two went forward and followed the small trail towards the shrine.

Not long after, they saw the gate of the shrine.

One could say that it was beautiful yet eerie at the same time.

'Huh?So there really is a shrine.', Uzui thought.

" Let's split up."

Giyuu doesn't need to hear that twice since he already thought of doing it before Uzui could say it. The two of them indeed did separate without another word.

Uzui went deeper to the other side of the shrine, and so did Giyuu.

For a while, all was quiet and peaceful. The cricket's chirps can be heard. The frog's croaking. The owls are hooting. And their footsteps.

Uzui continues to search for clues, or at least, something that is quite suspicious. He decided to continue his search above ground, so he jumped and landed on a high tree branch that would perfectly allow him to inspect what's below.

'Strange.Nothing seems to be out of place, except for this eerie shrine, ' he thought with furrowed brows.

However, he was proven wrong when his super hearing abilities caught a very faint sound of...

" Chewing...", he muttered.

He stood up from his spot and followed the sound, jumping from branch to branch in silence.

As he continued to follow the sound, he noticed his surroundings becoming even darker, thanks to the increase of countless trees. However, he didn't mind this since he was already used to it due to his experiences.

As he continued to follow the sound, his eyes caught a figure amidst the darkness. He came to a halt and observed the figure from a distance, from which he could not be detected.

He narrowed his eyes when he saw the outline of the figure moving. Gripping the hilt of his sword, he paid more attention to the figure. That is until, he then heard again: the sound of chewing, but this time it was accompanied by a whine.

Without delay, Uzui jumped and swiftly swung his sword towards the figure. But, before he could even severe it's head, the figure moved at a fast pace. Uzui scoffed and prepared himself once more.

The figure appeared in front of him and noticed akin of liquid flowing on it's back. At least he managed to scathe it. Out of the corner of his eyes, he noticed a bloodied, dismembered body near him. He returned his focus to his front and took a fighting stance.

' filthy demon'

" Prepare to be flamboyantly killed by me, demon!"

With that, the two leaped at each other at an incrediblyfast pace before Uzui's sword seems to swiftly cut something that he would always cut through when training himself.

" Attack me with your blood demon art, damn it! Not some lousy bamboo! "

In response, the figure roared at him before what seems to be something long went towards him. Of course , he cut it with ease. He was very confident that the demon in front of him was too weak and easy to kill. So, without notice, he slightly let his guard down.