Chapter 22

Japanese-normal

Chinese - bold

Chinese thoughts - bold and italics

Flashback/Thoughts - Italic
__________________________________

TWO DAYS EARLIER. THE DAY WHEN UZUI AND THE  OTHERS INFILTRATED THE DISTRICT AND THE KYOGOKU HOUSE.

" That's Enough!"

The voice of a middle-aged woman coats the room as she speaks. It was none other than the head mistress of the Kyogoku house, Omitsu. She's currently inside the room of their Oiran known as Warabihime. Omitsu glared and frown at their Oiran, having enough of the constant rise of problems the workers of the house has because of their very own Oiran's cruel personality.

" What are you implying?"

Warabihime acts oblivious, looking to the side with a slight frown of her own, finding Omitsu nothing but an annoying, blabbering pest in her eyes as she fakely asked her with her sickly sweet voice.

" Our workers kept getting wounded, deserting and committing suicide. You've been bullying them to their suicide, Warabihime."

In a room dimly lit by nothing but a small lamp, spreading it's eery red light across the dark room, Warabihime took a glance at the head mistress and finally turned her head towards her. Her eyes screams cruelty and ruthlessness, unbothered and barely held any sympathy at what the mistress said.

" What a terrible thing to say, mistress. Do you not trust me? Don't you think they're at fault for getting on my nerves? "

Omitsu stood her ground, fist clenched

" I've turned a blind eye so far. But you've gone too far. I can't cover for you anymore. "

Warabihime tilt her head, the ornaments on her head clinked as she did so. Her brows furrowed as she glared at the mistress menacingly, a vein visible at the side of her forehead.

" Who do you think made this brothel so famous, old hag?"

Her voice was no longer sickingly sweet. It held a deep mature voice of a woman as it drip with anything but good intentions.

Omitsu's expression trembled, eyes wide in fear as sweat dribbles on her face.

" A long time ago, when I was still a child, I heard this from an old lady from a teahouse. She was senile, but she told me a story about a certain Oiran. She was very beautiful, yet very cruel. She said she saw that Oiran in her youth and middle ages. The Oiran appended " hime" to her name, which means " princess". When she gets irritated, she had apeculiar habit of tilting her head and staring down at you. "

" What the hell are you!? ", Omitsu yelled in fear, her fingers gripping tightly at the handle of the dagger behind her back." You... You're not human, aren't you?! "

This indeed was a bad decision that the mistress of the Kyogoku House chose to do, for when she uttered those words, the flame on the lamp has been killed by a gust of wind, followed by Omitsu's yelp.

Warabihime and Omitsu are no longer on the room, but instead, floating in the air just above the Kyogoku House. Omitsu's body is wrapped by a sash of obi, halting her from thrashing around. A pair of hands with sharp nails threateningly sat at the surface of the skin of her face and the sides of her head.

" Don't you know?"

Omitsu stared at the monster that's keeping them up high in the air with pure horror. The color of her face can now parry that of the undead. Her eyes were wide to the point you can see it's veins. Mouth agape as she screams in silence.