Chapter 19

Japanese - Normal

Chinese - Bold
Chinese thoughts - italic bold
_________________________________

" What is going on here?"

The man halted his hand in mid-air as he heard a playful voice.

" Hah?", the man stated, tilting his head to the direction of the voice.

Wei FengYing, who also heard the voice, opened her eyes and look at the direction towards the voice.

Walking towards them was a young man muscular in build. He has platinum-blonde hair and wore robes painted in red. Along with a red blood-like hat on his head and white pants secured with a golden belt.

He held a pair of golden fans in his hands as he looked at them with amusement in his eyes.

" Oh my, now that is not a proper way to treat a lady~", he continued, unfolding his other fan and used it to cover his face, hiding the grin widening in his face.

If Wei FengYing could describe this person to another person, then he greatly resembles a once certain clan leader who's known for being a playboy, despite having been married and had a family of his own.

" Ha? Mind your own business would you!", the man angrily yelled.

He held an amused smile behind his fan, unfazed by the drunk man's anger.

" Oh, how could I? I can't just stand here and let you hurt a lovely lady now can I?"

As he said that, the man has already roughly let go of Wei FengYing's wrist, stride towards him and grab his collar, which caused him to unfold his fans.

" Listen here, shithead. You're gonna get out of here while I'm gonna sleep with this prostitute tonight you hear me!?", the man angrily yelled, lifting his fist to threaten the strange man he's holding.

As this accurs, Wei FengYing took in the man's features who intervene the drunk man from nearly slapping her. She looks at his strange clothings, especially the bloody red ones. His nails were blue and suspiciously long and sharp for a man like him.

Shifting her eyes to his face, the only thing she could see was his strange, colorful eyes. However, what confused and surprised her the most were the two familiar kanji written in his eyes.

Her whole body froze when the both of them made eye contact as he let out a smile.

As for the young man, he looked at the once shaken woman in front of him and studied her. Her clothing were too normal and ordinary for her to be a prostitute, and she barely has any ornaments on her head to show off besides a single, crafted wooden hairstick.

Before he could point this out to the man, he was interrupted by him examining his own features.

" Hmm? What's this? You're pale! Ha! Are you even supposed to be here?"

The young man took in the drunkards words and simply blinked.

" Why, I was simply born this way! Now if you excuse me-"

He put his hands atop of the man's hand that is holding his collar and continued. " I suggest you stop this, SIR. ", he smiled, causing the man to widen his eyes.

He leaned into his ear and eerily whispered," Or I may have to do something else for you to stop.", he chuckled, gripping the man's hand to the point it's on the verge of breaking.

The man eventually let go, feeling the intense pain surging through his hand. Running off with a shriek, he fearfully yelled, " Y-You're a monster! A freak!"

The platinum-blonde man was displeased, a pout and sad eyes adorning his face," Now that's a bit rude to say~"

Chuckling to himself, his eyes lingered on the figure of the frightened man and turned around.

" Now that he has been taken care of, are you okay dear lady-"

He stopped, eyes wide. His mouth formed an O as he let out an" oh? "

The woman he "saved" was no where to be seen. He double checked. He look side to side, corner by corner, letting his eyes wander in hopes of spotting her.

Letting out a sigh, he said with disappointment, " Oh dear, she too just ran off like that? What a shame~"

Fanning his face, he continued to look at the spot where the woman previously was.

' Not even a thank you... '

He was about to turn around and walk off the area when something caught the corner of his eyes. More specifically, an object on the ground where the female originally stood at earlier.

It can be easily missed in the eyes of a normal person, but he isn't exactly what you call a " normal person".

Letting out a curious" hmm? ", he narrowed his eyes at the object on the ground.

He walks towards it, fan in his hand as it shields the half of his face. He crouched down, inspecting it. It was somekind of gem, covered in the color of green. He realized that what he's holding was a jade. A very pure one at that.

He let out a grin, still eyeing the jade in his hands

" Now how did someone like her own such an object..?", he muttered, a somewhat eery smile adorning his face.

With Wei FengYing

" Pheeww! I would possibly be dead by now if I stayed there.", Wei FengYing panted, fanning the sweat out of her face to not smudge her makeup.

Earlier, when the mysterious man has said something to the drunken man that caused him to ran away, Wei FengYing grabbed the opportunity to leave the area and ran away far from it. Of course after making sure that the drunkard would be safe despite almost slapping her.

Letting out a puff or breath, she remembered what the insect pillar had once told her.

~~~~

" Demon moons?", Wei FengYing questioned, holding a cup of tea on her hand.

" Yes. They're the most strongest demons appointed by Muzan himself.", Shinobu answered, sipping her tea.

Wei FengYing nod her head and sips her tea.

" I see. From what I remembered, they're also divided in half. Uppermoons and Lowermoons, if I'm right. Then how can you distinguish them from the other demons?"

" Yes. When you encountered uppermoon three, what did you noticed in him that stood out the most? ", Shinobu questioned the cultivator.

Wei FengYing closed her eyes as she tried to remember.

" Hmmm.. Let's see.. Aside from his extraordinary power and markings, it's his eyes. Something is written on it. Though I'm not quite familiar with the characters so I couldn't read it."

" The characters written in his eyes are in 'Kanji'. Demon moons have something in common and that is the kanjis written in their eyes, indicating their rank as part of the Demon moons. ", the insect hashira explained, pointing her index finger in her eye.

~~~~

Looking back at the memory, she remembered the kanji written on the uppermoon three's left eye. It was the same as the one on the mysterious man's left eye.

' It seems I have encountered an uppermoon..... Talk about luck', she sighed, patting her shoulder to comfort herself.

" Let's go and find Uzui and the others now, shall we?", she told herself.

' might as well report this to him'