Chapter 23

Japanese-normal

Chinese - bold

Chinese thoughts - bold and italics

Flashback/Thoughts - Italic
__________________________________

" Is that so?"

With a flick of his fan, he uses it to both cover half of his face and to cool himself at the absence of the cool wind that would usually seeps in the room.

With only his upper face being visible, his eyes stared at the figure cloaked in black kneeling before him. With a straight form and a hand behind his back, he slowly walks toward the one kneeling in front of him.

" Yes. The last time we saw of them was when they'd entered what's considered to be a sacred mountain, far away in the southern part of the brothel they'd been previously working on."

With a dissapointed sigh, he walks towards his chair and sits on it.

" Did you try entering that sacred mountain again? "

" Yes. But just like before, we couldn't get through due to the barrier. We tried to dispel it once more but was unsuccessful. "
With a distressed expression on his face, he let out a grunt at the news and leaned his back on the chair.

Noticing the troubled look on his master's face, the one kneeling opened his mouth.

" Sect leader Nie, I apologize that this may seem like I'm intruding but it's been a long time since we've been searching for this person that you're seeking. Why is it that do you not wish to give up?"

Nie Huaisang trailed his eyes back at him and unfolded his fan. He stayed quiet for a while, staring into space as his fingers unconsciously caressed the soft wooden sides of his fan.

" You can already guess the answer by yourself. That person is important to me... Very important. " he whispered the last part, looking at his fan resting in his hands with a small smile on his face.

The one kneeling before him could only stay quiet and bowed his head even lower. " Then I promise to find and bring them back to you, Sect leader Nie. "

" I really appreciate your loyalty, Haoyu."

With that, the man named Haoyu, stood up and disappeared in his sight, leaving the sect leader alone. Nie Huaisang once more gazes at his fan.

Sliding the pads of his fingers at the tip of his it, he curled his hand to grip the upper half of the fan. His other hand did the same but on the lower tip. Pulling the two together, the fan splits in half, revealing his reflection on the flat surface of a sharp, thin iron.

Fully unsheathing it's cover, Nie Huaisang unfolded the fan once more. What was once a fan made of wood and paper, is replaced by a fan made of wood and  blades. And on the very bottom tip of the handle, carved the initials of those who have made it.

Looking at it, Nie Huaisang carefully brought the tip of the handle to his lips, muttering the name of the person who's initials were marked.

" Wei FengYing..."

ENTERTAINMENT DISTRICT
A DAY AFTER OMITSU'S DEATH

It's been a day since the death of Omitsu. The atmosphere had turned a little bit gloomy due to the unexpected event but everyone must continue on their work nonetheless.

And this includes Wei FengYing. Right now, she's currently being instructed by her fellow worker to go out and run some errands upon the owner of the brothel's order.