Chapter 53

This was a bad idea.

Delia watched as the buildings in the city blurred and gave way to suburban homes and gated estates, recognizing the street they were on as the more elite,high end parts of the state. She couldn't help but compare how different it was to where they had grown up. Would life had turned out differently if she had been born in such a place? Differently for all of them?

Her mum?Herself?Roman?

She leaned sideways and let her head rest against the cool glass of the car,making sure to only move her eyes as she glanced at the person driving.

Scratch that,this was a terrible idea.

Delia's throat was still a bit sore from the hyperventilating and throwing up earlier,the scrapes on her hands and knees a dull throb,but her mind was clearer. And it was now beginning to dawn on her just how rash her decision making had been.

Out of all the people that could have stumbled upon her while she was having her panic attack,it just had to be Brice. She didn't even know his full name, nevermind where he was taking her. Her discreet hold on the door handle tightened. If where they were going looked even the least bit dodgy,she would open the door and jump out of the car,it still moving be damned. The first night they had met was enough to warn her off of him,but apparently not enough to stop her from practically jumping into his all too willing arms and beg him take her somewhere else.

For the umpteenth time that night,Delia cursed herself for being so careless.

In her defence though,it's not like she thought it through. She was having a literal panic attack,of course her thoughts weren't going to be rational. What surprised her the most was how Brice handled the situation. He knew exactly what to do. Which made her wonder why he did.

The car pulled into a private driveway,turning and slowing down once they reached a  beautiful two storey house hidden from view by the lush,towering trees that fenced it in.

Well damn.

She had been mentally prepared for the casual display of wealth she was seeing, having hang around Keiran's circle of more than wealthy friends,but it still took her breath away at just how different people on the other side lived.

The car slowed to a stop,the engine dying down to a quiet purr before silencing entirely. Brice got out,ran to the house and after some minutes, came back with some comfortable looking sandals then moved to open the door at her side.
She hadn't even remembered that she had taken off her shoes somewhere between leaving the party and getting out of the building.

Nontheless, her grip on the door handle tightened. If she was going to have any chances of escape,now would be the most opportune time to do it.

And go where? Not only would he just use the car to chase you down,he would probably also lock the AUTOMATED gates to prevent you from leaving,her mind reasoned. Delia's grip on the door handle loosened. As if sensing it,Brice took hold of it from the other side and opened the door,the sandals on the ground right next to her.

"Welcome to my humble abode,"he said, smirking slightly. Delia scoffed.

"I wouldn't exactly call this place humble,"she said playfully,not making a move to get out. "Didn't we pass some statues of greek gods that just happened to have your face on them?"she asked, watching as his smirk turned to a full blown grin.

"What can I say,I'm a good looking guy. People need to see all of this immortalized in stone,"Brice said, gesturing at his face.
And in as much as Delia hated to admit it,he was kind of right.