Chapter 14

Delia didn't know what to believe,or who for that matter.

On one hand,Keiran had warned her of Alexa, of her motives,of the power she wielded in her hands. On the other,Alexa had told her about Keiran,which was more than she could say he had ever told her of himself. She was inclined to believing Keiran,he was right about Alexa liking her after all, and wanting her for her own. But still,she couldn't help but feel a nagging feeling in the pit of her stomach that what Alexa said held some truth in it.

Delia sighed and went inside. She was tired,and her feet ached like hell. It looked easy,but standing for hours on such heels was fucking dreadful. Sighing in sheer relief,she sat down at one of the chairs at the far end of the ball room,grateful to have finally gotten a chance to rest her feet. Just then,she felt a hand on the bare skin of her shoulder,making her turn immediately.

. "Where the hell were you?" Keiran asked,not so quietly. "I have been looking everywhere for you. I thought you went home," he said,his brows knit in anger.

"I was on the balcony," Delia said,careful to keep her head down,hating how small her voice sounded.

"Alone?" He questioned,his voice razor sharp. She had to tell him the truth. If she didn't, she knew the consequences would be far worse. Delia took a deep breath.

"For a while,then Ale-Ms Reynolds... joined me,"Delia answered,her voice wavering slightly. The grip on her shoulder tightened.

"So...just to be sure I got all that straight, when I was looking,for you,looking like a lost and confused lunatic out of his bloody mind,you were,on the balcony...with Ms Reynolds. That about right?" He asked, his voice an octave louder,the anger radiating from him in waves. Delia quickly looked around,grateful that they were more or less alone.

"I...she...found me there. I didn't go looking for her or something..." Delia's voice trailed off,unsure how she was even supposed to answer him when he phrased it like that.

"We are going home. Now," he said,yanking her up to her feet by her arm. Delia barely had time to regain her balance before Keiran started walking towards the exit,dragging her along with him.

"Wait. What? Why?" She asked,barely keeping up with his long strides,his hand still clamped around her forearm. Keiran stopped, nearly making her lose her balance again,her only saving grace is that he yanked her back up before she hit the floor. He turned to face her.

"Because,my dear,sweet, innocent  Butterfly," he began,his voice eerily calm,as he gently tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear,that gesture alone making butterflies dance in her stomach.

"I want to punish you. Properly,"And just like that,the butterflies dropped dead.
Keiran's lips twisted into a wicked grin.

X. X. X.
For a moment, Delia thought that she had heard wrong. Keiran's grip tightened around her forearm as he yanked her to him,his fingers bound to leave a mark. The cold night air bit into her bare skin the moment they stepped outside, making Delia grit her teeth almost immediately. She nearly fell flat on her face again,her ankle bending painfully to the side as she tripped.

" Wait...Keiran,wait!"Delia said,her voice louder,wincing in pain. Keiran stopped and turned around immediately.

"What. Did I tell you. About calling me by my name?" He asked,eyes a burning amber,his anger radiating from him in waves. It wasn't even a question.

"I'm sorry-I just..." She began,barely able to get the words out her mouth before Keiran started walking again,dragging her in tow. They were headed for the parking lot,Delia barely able to keep up with his pace,cursing whatever possessed her to wear six inch heels to begin with. Keiran stopped abruptly, forcing her to grip one of his shoulders to steady herself as she also stopped. The look he gave her made her retract her hand immediately.