Chapter 45

*Trigger warning-sexual assault,*

Something was nagging her mind. She couldn't quite place it,but something,a dull throb of some sort,was gnawing at the back of her head;slowly increasing in intensity until she felt like someone had decided to take a jackhammer to the back of her skull.

She turned,her body seeming to wake up before her mind did. She could hear the faint chirping of the birds outside,smell the crisp freshness that was weaved into the sheets,and she could definitely feel the migraine that threatened to split her head into two if she didn't do something about it. And so she woke.

Getting out of bed and down the stairs was not an easy feat. The marble tiles felt too cold under her bare feet, her stomach roiling in bursts of nausea every now and then,so much so that she had to stop at one point to make sure she wouldn't throw up all over the white oak railing. Supporting herself with one hand on the wall,her eyes barely open with how hard her head ached,she got into the kitchen. And as soon as she did,a variety of delicious scents assaulted her senses.

She didn't know if she wanted to sit down and stuff her face with everything before her,or turn around and bolt for the bathroom because the different scents were making her nausea worse. She immediately sat down on one of the chairs next to the polished onyx counter top and lay her head face down on the tile,the new positioning somehow alleviating some of her pain.

"Good morning Sunshine,it's a beautiful day,"a rather booming voice called out to her.

Slowly,Alexa raised her head from the counter,gritting her teeth as the pain came back full force,pinning Keiran with such a withering stare that he actually winced then started laughing.

He had said it loudly on purpose,even opening all the blinds and windows in the kitchen such that the entire space was flooded with light.

Fucking sadistic cunt,She thought, rolling her eyes as she placed her head back down.

"I couldn't resist,sorry,"he said,moving over towards her. Alexa heard him place something next to her,nearly jumping when he placed his hand on her back and began moving it in soothing circles as he talked.

"Take this. It will help with the raging migraine I assume you're having, judging by the angry vein that's popping on your temple and how much you had to drink last night,"He said,his voice lower now,coaxing her to get up. Alexa groaned,more in pain than frustration,but got up anyway, popping the two tylenol and washing them down with the fresh orange juice he had just squeezed. Keiran studied her for a moment before he spoke.

. "You look like shit,"he deadpanned,cocking his head to the side.

"Gee. I didn't even realize. Where would I be without your infinite observation skills, Captain Obvious?"Alexa replied dryly,the sarcasm in her voice dripping as she continued to sip on her juice.

. "Do you have to deal with this every day?" He asked. Alexa didn't miss the concern that coloured his voice as he did.

"I feel even worse. And yet I somehow manage to look like I'm fresh off the red carpet at work on a daily. Magic,"Alexa said,wiggling her fingers in front of him. Keiran gave her a droll look.

"Okay okay. First of all,I don't drink myself into an emotional stupor every night so no Keiran,I don't deal with this every day. I normally just drink enough to get tipsy then go to bed. Gets me the same results, a good night's rest. Though yesterday I only drank that much because I've had a shitty week and Dawson crowned it all off because of what I did so in a way,this godzilla of a hangover is deserved,"Alexa said, finishing off the glass, starting to feel infinitely better. Keiran frowned at her choice of words.