Chapter 4

Thomas Pov

I walked through the halls, hearing footsteps quickly coming towards me. I turned my head to the side "Your highness, where have you been this afternoon? The king has been looking for you around" Commander Jack said.

"I've been around the forest to hunt but then I suddenly met this woman" I said, smiling as I think of her. Jack frown and noticed this "Who is she, your highness?" He asks.

I chuckled "Evelyn" I paused for a moment "she thought I stole the fruits because i was wearing the same cloak that thief wore so she and her friend knocked me out and brought me to her home then hours passed I woke up and she threaten me with my sword to tell the truth but I instead found it interesting for a woman to threaten a man like me, isn't it?" I asks and looked at Jack.

He nodded "well, sire that woman must be a warrior before Never heard of a woman threatening a Man, she is fascinating if I ever saw woman threatening a Man" He replied, I nodded my head and walked deeper into the halls. "She truly is" I said simply.

Walking inside the dining room, sitting down and the maid quickly places the wine, I grabbed it and drinking the wine quickly "Do you have any plans for the woman, sire?" Jack asks

A smirk formed in my lips "As a Prince and a Hunter, I can easily say that this woman is hard to get and you knew it's the ones who play hard to get that are always the sweetest prey and that is what makes Evelyn so appealing" I said while caressing the glass wine.

Jack was too surprised "Sire, do you take an interest with this woman you just met hours ago?" He asks, I slammed my hand on the table "Yes! Now is there a problem with that, commander?" I said.

He shook his head and looked down "Now fetch my horse, im going around the village" I said while standing up, fixing my suit then walked away "your highness must do it later, your father is looking for you" Jack said, making me halt then I walk to the other side of the hall.

Knocking on the door then the door opened revealing Father "oh, son here you are. Where have you been this afternoon?" He asks, while I sit down on the bed. "Just going for a hunting, father" I said.

He looked at me before sitting down the bed beside me "5 hours hunting? You always took 2 hours hunting, what else have you been doing out there" he asks and I look back at him "I met this woman, Father and she's not like any other woman who wants me bedded" I said.

Father frowned his brows "How will you tell that, son? I've known and hated women after your mother died, women started to come to me! No other women who act like your mother!" He said. "You think mother is the only one women to act like it? There is someone out there who is like her and Im going to get her by hook or by crook" I replied.

Father then chuckled "You were just like me when I was your age, I saw your Mother walking beautifully like an angel on that day. I started to think of getting her" He said while patting my back "then if I were you I swear to get that woman who captured my heart" I said and Father looked at me proudly.

"That's right son, what are you planning on getting her?" Father asks and I got the craziest idea "Father, I really dont want to tell you but I need a favor" I said while smirking.

Evelyn's Pov

Next day..
Helping Carl do the fishing, I learned alot of fishing but I dont get a lot fishes like Carl do "oh oh! Eve, I've got a big one!" He said loudly while standing up and gripping the fishing rod "Go and pull it!" I said while smiling excitedly.

Carl shook his head "I cant! Cheer me up quick!" He said while still gripping the fishing rod "what! Why do I need to cheer you up?!" I asked and Carl shouted "Just do it!" He said through his struggling of pulling it.

I quickly walked to the other side of the river infront of him "Go Carl! You can do it! Go Carl! You can do it! Who can do it?! C-A-R-L carl!" I said loudly and then he pull it with all his strength, I gasped at how big that fish is!

Carl showed me the big fish and started to show it more closer to my face, I laughed and move away "stop that!" I said and Carl laugh but then suddenly the fish wiggle around and then jumped back to the river, making the fishing rod follow into the river and pulling Carl down.

"Ah! Evelyn help!" He said and I quickly walk to other side of the river and was about to pull Carl when he was being pulled by the weight of the fish, Carl still holding the fishing rod as he fell into the water. "Oh gosh, Carl!".

I then jumped into the river, swimming to where Carl is. I looked around to find no sight of him, I go back up and breathe "Carl!" I shout for him to hear. I was about to dive down again when someone grabbed my leg.

I screamed then Carl pulled himself up while laughing "You're so funny!" I glare at him and splashing him water "scaring me like that?!" I said and he laughed harder "oh, what happened to the fish?" I asks then Carl showed me the fishing rod with big fish hanging around the hook.

I looked at it in shock of how big it is like my pillow. The fish squirming around and trying to escape the hook and making its tail hitting my cheek "oh sorry!" Carl said while laughing, moving away from the fish and chuckled "come on, lets go".

We walk out of the water, minutes later I dry off my dress while reading a book. 'The Conquerer' its about the master of the house falling in love with his maid but they were forbidden by his Parents so they ran away together and got married. I love the story so much and it makes me feel good to hear someone choses love.

This book has been with me for 10 years, I found it in the trash so I pick it up and read it until i grow up and began to understand everything. Who would throw this wonderful book in the garbage?

"Evelyn, Anne the breakfast is ready!" Carl shouted from afar "Just a minute" I said and continued to read the last chapter, right then Anne walked towards me "You're still reading that book" she said and I nodded with a smile "I love it and I cant just throw it away, its the only book I have" I replied.

Anne smiled "you really love reading books, someday you'll find yourself in the middle of the Library" She said and I smiled "its a dream" I said and closing the book while pressing it on my chest.

She chuckled and held my hand "come on, we have big fish caught and that was a miracle!" Anne said while we both walk inside the house. "Yeah, I helped Carl by cheering him up" I said while laughing. Anne shook her head and chuckles "He dont have strength if nobody cheers him up" she said and we laughed together.