Chapter 37

Evelyn's Pov

I looked at Nikolai with an innocent and soft smile "oh hey, I also have a friend name Nikolai" I said, I just lied but he seems to believed it. Nikolai nodded "Sounds like a great man" He replied before his eyes gaze on Jack but with a cold stare "You should go back"

Jack nodded before bowing down "Yes, Your Majesty" He said before leaving me with him in the kitchen, Nikolai turned to me "Evelyn, I have a surprise for you. Come with me" He said, I nodded and followed him as he lead me back upstairs to his chambers.

Opening the door before letting me in, I looked around then Nikolai closed the door before holding my hand as he walked to the balcony where I can see the beautiful view. I gasped and covered my mouth in amazed "I heard you love nature" Nikolai said with a smile, I turned to him and nodded quickly "Yes, I love green grass and blue skies" I replied.

Nikolai chuckled and looked down to his hands that held a box, I furrowed my brows curiously then Nikolai opened it and a necklace that has a diamond style in it. I smiled and looked up to him "woah, it's so beautiful" I said and Nikolai smiled back before taking the necklace and tried putting it around me.

I move back quickly and look at him with slight wide eyes "What are you doing?" I ask, Nikolai chuckled and tilted his head "It's also a real diamond, found one of my mens. I hope you like my present to you, even though it's not enough but tell me if you want something and I'll give it to you" He replied while looking deeply into my eyes.

I chuckled as if it is a joke, why would he give me everything I want? "Nikolai, this is enough for me. Thank you but it's too expensive and I cant take it" I said while looking down, Nikolai sighed and slowly placed his hand on mine. Making me look up to him "A gift from a Prince, don't decline it" He said softly.

Looking down at the diamond and the sun shines upon it, making the necklace shine and I admit it's too beautiful for me to wear it "Okay" I said slowly, Nikolai released a smile before I turned around and he put the necklace around me.

"Beautiful" Nikolai whispered in my ear while still putting the necklace around me, my cheeks heated up but I ignored it until he turned me around. Looking up to him and waiting for his reaction but he is just looking down at the necklace then to my face, I am getting shy all of a sudden.

Snapping my fingers infront of his face "Nikolai" I called him out, Nikolai then snapped out of his thoughts and stood up straightly "I am just amazed of the beauty standing infront of me" He replied softly, I cannot help but to chuckle while looking down and hiding my face. "Stop with the flatter" I said and Nikolai laughed at my reaction "It's the truth!" He replied.

While I kept looking down in embarrassment, I suddenly realised that I have to go back. Looking up to Nikolai sadly "Nikolai, I really have to go back. I'm sure Thomas is getting worried" I said with a frown, He nodded and placing his hands behind him while looking down "No problem, I can take you back there" Nikolai said with a straight smile.

I smiled back, nodding my head "Thank you, but You've done so much already. Shouldn't I be the one to-" He cutted me off quickly "oh, no no. It's fine, I can't just leave you out there on your own. We'll make sure you get there safely" Nikolai said, I nodded and looked up to him "Alright then we should get going now, i don't want to make Thomas angry" I replied.

Nikolai smiled before holding out his hands "Let's go" Smiling at him before accepting his hand as we go together downstairs then into the carriage, sitting down as we started to talk about the funny books that he regret to read. Laughing together while we almost reach the kingdom of Ellesmere.

Minutes passed, The carriage stops and I peeked outside and I realised we arrived, Nikolai stepped out of the carriage and holding my hand carefully. Walking out of the carriage and letting go of his hand, making Nikolai to quickly smile at me "So tragic for us to end our book reading stories" He said with a chuckled.

I nodded with a small laugh "I'll be hoping to meet you again, Nikolai" I said with a smile, He nodded before shaking my hand "I'll be seeing you again" He replied before turning around and he held the top of the carriage as it starts to fade away while Nikolai kept waving at me, I chuckled and waved back.

Turning around and looked at the Kingdom of Ellesmere, walking slowly while looking around until I reached the front gate. Some guards saw me and widened their eyes before they walked towards me quickly as they bow down "Your Majesty, where have you been?" One of them asked quickly.

I smiled slightly before signalling them to rise and they looked up to me "What are you talking about? I just had a long walk morning excercise" I said, they looked at each other "The Master has gone mad, he thought you escaped. Please hurry and go inside" He said worriedly.

I furrowed my brows, still confused but nodding my head quickly and continued to walk but faster inside the Palace, now what did Thomas doing now? I'll double kill him if he cause trouble again, even though I'm angry at him, i'm still worried of what he is doing! Servants and guards passing by looking at me with wide eyes, I don't know what's happening but I need to see Thomas. Walking upstairs quickly and I saw Anne holding a tray then she widened her eyes as soon as she looked at me.

"Evelyn! Oh, dear. Where have you been?!" She asked with wide eyes, I don't know with their wide eyes as soon as they saw me. "I just had a long walk morning excercise! What's the matter here?" I asked while looking around the servants whispering to each other while looking at me.

Anne replied "Everyone is looking for you, including the King. Speaking of Thomas, he has gone crazy because he thought you esca-" cutting her off as I quickly ran to the other side of the hall where Thomas room is, "Wait! Evelyn!" Anne said loudly from behind before quickly following me, I've heard enough and I need to see Thomas now.

Walking quickly until I reached Thomas room, opening the door and looked around to find him but he's not here. I froze at the whole room of his are messy and the pillows on the floor, window curtains ripped down. I move back, surprised at the sight infront of me.

Anne pants as she reached to my side "Hey! What are you doing!" She said loudly while sweat on her forehead, I turned to her quickly "Anne, where is Thomas?" I asked her quickly, Anne then point at the side of hall "I last saw him in your room, I don't know if he is still there now be- hey!" I cutted her off again by running to the other side of the hall quickly.

Sweating while I kept running hurriedly but I didn't care, servants around watched me with wide eyes as they saw me in their sight. I reached my room and slammed it opened, looking around and I gasped at also the messy room. I walked inside and turned to my bed where Thomas is sitting on the floor, his hands on the bed while looking down "Get out before I kill you!!" He yelled angrily without looking up to me.

Tears start to form in my eyes, seeing him in this condition "Thomas?" I whispered softly, Thomas stopped his breathing and slowly looked up to me. His hair are messy and his shirt are torn, Thomas slowly stood up and continued to watch me before he slowly ran to me, I thought he was going to hit me so I turned my face to the side quickly. Ready for the impact but instead I met a tight hug with Thomas crying on my neck.

"Evelyn! Oh, Evelyn! It's you, It's really you!" He cried out while hugging me tightly, I felt relief knowing he is okay physically. My anger fades away as I can feel Thomas broken infront of me.I nodded quickly and smiled against his neck before hugging him back "I'm sorry! I'm sorry I left without you kno-" Thomas cutted me off by kissing me deeply while wiping my tears away, some time he pulled away but kept me in his arms "Don't be sorry" He whispered.

Tears more forming in my eyes, Thomas kissed my cheek quickly where my tears streaming down. "Don't cry, hmm?" I nodded and pulled him in before kissing him deeply, he gladly kissed me back and caressed my hair "I love you, please don't leave me again" He pleaded, I opened my eyes and looked into his eyes with my teary one "I love you too and I won't leave you again" I whispered before he kissed me again but more roughly, feeling his worries, needs and anger mixing in it.