Chapter 35

Evelyn's Pov

I furrowed my brows, cannot believing it. Thomas wouldn't do anything like that cruel, Maya held my arms slowly "It's okay if you don't believe me i-" I cutted her off "No no, I believe you. I-it's just so hard to believe that Thomas would do such things" I said while looking down, thinking. Didn't I change him? Then why is he still killing people or did I not completely change him?

Maya sighed and looked at me "I know, but what are you going to do?" She asked, I shook my head and looked back at her "I'm going to leave" I whispered, Maya widened her eyes and shook her head quickly "No! Don't leave, the master would be so much angry!" She said with a worried voice.

I shake my head "I'm not gonna leave forever, I- I just want to give myself a moment without Thomas. He caused so much trouble already" I replied while looking down, Maya looked around then back at me "Then just ignore him but please don't escape" She said while holding my hand.

Looking up to her and nodding my head, giving her a small smile "I'll try" I replied, She smiled back and looked around "It's getting late, you should rest now. You still have guests to entertain tomorrow" Maya said, I nodded "Alright" I said and lay back down on the bed.

Maya watched me with a smile before opening the door and left the room, I sighed and think about what Maya said. Should I really not escape? Holding the book and putting it on the night stand before I covered myself under the blanket while in deep thoughts.

Maya's Pov

As I am walking to the hallways, I suddenly got pushed on the wall and I was about to scream when my mouth got covered with someone's hand "Silence!" The man raised his voice but in a whisper, I nodded quickly. Not knowing what to do.

The man in a mask whispered roughly "What were you doing inside of the Queen's room?!" He asked, I flinched slightly and shake my head "C-cleaning!" I replied quickly, I looked down to see a silver knife pointing at my throat and I wanted to scream but the man kept holding me tightly "Lies wont help you save your life" He said.

The voice is a little deeper which I cannot describe who it is behind me "I-i swear I don't know!" I whispered yell and the man started to point the knife more closer to my throat, I started to freak out and tried moving around to break free.

"You say then" He said and I widened my eyes as he was about to slit my throat when I quickly spoke "I was talking with the Queen!" I said loudly and the man covered my mouth before dragging me into a dark room "What did I ever told you of not speaking of her again? Huh!" I widened my eyes, it's Thomas. the one helding me is Thomas!

I tried to look around but he kept me in place "Answer me!" He said loudly, I nodded quickly "Yes yes, I can't help it. She's my friend!" I replied while closing my eyes, afraid of my life. "You obey me or I'll behead you" He said warningly, I gasped as I can feel the point of the knife already touching my neck "Yes Please! Just let me go" I said while almost crying.

He whispered roughly "Don't go near to Evelyn again, Understood?" He ask, I quickly nodded while a tear left my eyes "Yes!" I cried out, He slowly let go of me and I stumbled to the ground while my heart is freaking out for my life "I will be watching you in the dark" He said coldly before I opened the door and ran out quickly.

Anne's Pov

In the morning, Washing my face while looking in the mirror "I'm beginning to love living in this castle, don't you agree Carl?" I asked while drinking water, Carl hummed in response before wiping his face "Because of Evelyn, we are living in heaven here!" He said before going out.

Chuckling as I read a paper before walking out the bathroom "Right, I'll begin the topic of that woman living here as well. She is extremely rude!" I said while crossing my arms, Carl laughed and pinched my nose "Silly, what do you expect a royal? They may be beautiful but they are ugly inside" He replied.

Nodding my head quickly before shoving a chocolate in my mouth "Agree" I replied, Carl widened his eyes and took the chocolate in my hand "What are you doing! No chocolates in the morning, you idiot" i widened my eyes and jump up to reach the chocolate "My mouth! My mouth, my rules!" I yelled and Carl kept holding the chocolate above his head.

"Hey! Hey!" Carl yelled, stopping me. Our moments got interrupted by Katherine "Peasants, shut up. I can hear your voice outside!" She said while crossing her arms, so. This is the woman that Evelyn talked about, looking at her up and down "Hey, are you deaf?" She asked.

I bite my lip, controlling my anger. Carl interrupted my anger "No, she is not. What makes you come here, your Majesty?" Carl asked with a kind voice, I scoffed and looked away. Katherine looked at us both before answering "Make me a breakfast, I'm starving here" She said before walking away, I widened my eyes and walked behind her angrily "Hey! We are not servants!" Carl held me from behind "Don't mind her! Forget it!" He said loudly while holding me.

I keep struggling to release from his grip "Ah let me go, Carl! I swear I'll feed that woman frogs for the day and we'll see how she likes it!" I screamed angrily, Carl widened his eyes and held me tightly "Mother of sharks! Where did you get this strength from?!" He asked.

While I was struggling to get out of his arms, we suddenly heard lots of servants and guards walking down the halls like its an urgent. Carl and I got curious as we followed where the maids are, I guess we are spies of ourselves. They're heading inside of Evelyn's room, I furrowed my brows and looked at Carl "What are they doing inside?" I asked.

Carl shrugged his shoulders, one way to find out. Walking a little inside before peaking inside to see what's going on and we heard someone screaming then breaking noise inside the room, one of the maids was about to enter the room when i quickly stopped her to question "Excuse me, if you dont mind me asking. What happened?" I asked.

The maid bit her lip and stepped closer to whisper "The Queen is missing" She said lowly, Carl and I widened our eyes. What? Evelyn is gone? Carl looked down to think for a while "maybe she escaped" He whispered while looking at me, I widened my eyes and shake my head "no no, she wouldn't leave us if she escaped" I replied quickly.

We suddenly heard banging inside, I jumped in surprise and I got this idea to peek inside, I looked around Evelyn's messy and an opened window. I saw Thomas crying on the bed and screaming then throwing all the things around, I jumped at the sound "Ahh Evelyn!! Why do you make this harder!!" Some maids trying to calm Thomas down but it's just making him more angry.

Thomas screamed loudly before picking out his sword and stabbing one of the maids, everybody backed out and scream in fear "Find her!! Find Evelyn!!" Thomas screamed loudly and his veins almost popping out, he's gone mad! Oh, Evelyn. What have you done, you made him even more crazier for you.

Guards around start to leave the room to find Evelyn, Carl held me from behind before pulling me out of the room slowly to not notice Thomas "I cant believe she escaped!" Carl said and I shook my head "I know her Carl, she is not like that to escape without us and explanation" I replied, covering my mouth. I know Evelyn, she wont escape without us. I'm sure she is just walking around for a fresh air, Evelyn come back now before this man is going to be even more crazier!