Chapter 16

Thomas Pov

People around dancing and some women flirting with me, pushing them away as I got up, reminding of Evelyn. I cannot wait any longer to claim her in an hour or in a minute but now.

Getting up and left the ballroom, walking upstairs then I saw that maid again who keeps talking to Evelyn, I got suspicious. She saw me and then quickly left my sight. There is something not right here.

Opening the door and expecting to see Evelyn but I found none, looking around quickly and thats when I realized she escaped. Watching the balcony door opened and the ropes that I tied her with it is now cut.

I clenched my fist tightly "Jack!" I yelled out and quickly Commander Jack came "Sire, what's wrong?" He asks worriedly, I glared at the balcony door that is opened "Lock the Gates of the kingdom, dont let anyone out and find that filthy hag Jessica and bring her to me, dead or alive!" I said angrily before walking out the room hurriedly.

Jack followed me quickly "Yes, Sire!" I walked downstairs, "Come with me and find Evelyn" I said before Jack signalled the guards "You heard your King, Find Jessica and the Queen!" I get on my horse, I chuckled darkly. Oh Evelyn, you just made this harder. Wait till I find you and I swear when I come back with you, I'll kill everyone you love.

Evelyn's Pov

I keep running and running, my feet are getting tired but I have no choice. I cant go back and let that monster have me as much as he want, but I promise to come back secretly and rescue my friends.

I was about to cross the gate but then it was guarded by many guards, I looked around for hope to escape then i thought of throwing rock of one of the guards, taking a small rock then throwing it to the side where many leaves on the ground, making noise "who did that? Who's there?!" I flinched at the guard's quick high voice.

Some of the guards heard his big voice "What's wrong here?" The other guard asks "Someone is in there, let's go check it up" The guard says as they walked to where the noise I did, waiting for them to disappear on my sight. I quickly walked infront the gate carefully.

Looking around and tried opening it but it is sealed and locked tightly, I keep trying to pull it up but nothing happened, I was about to give up but I can see a little hole on the corner of the gate that I dont know if I can fit in.

Crawling down, my knees getting dirty but I dont care. Getting dirty of these mud or let that monster have me, I heard voices coming from behind me "Evelyn! Stop! Get her!" I heard Thomas from behind, I crawl hurriedly till I got out from the hole then ran as fast as I can through the woods.

I can hear the gates opened, I ran as fast as I can. Dont get caught dont get caught, Horses sounds of their hoof then Thomas yelling from behind "Evelyn I swear I'll kill Jessica when I find her!" Ignoring him, I got tired of running so I quickly climbed up to the trees.

Climbing up and held the branch and I hugged the tree long branch tightly, closing my eyes tightly and afraid if they might see me. "Evelyn! Find her you morons!" I flinched at his voice while I keep my leg and my arms around the tree.

My feet and my arms were tired of hanging and hugging the tree, I make sure to hear no noises and the place is so quiet. I quickly let go and dropped myself on the grass, standing up and looked around.

After a few minutes of walking, every minute I turn around to make sure Thomas is not behind me. Later I found a village named kestramore, I'm sure this is the village Jessica talked about.

As I walk around the village trying to find the yellow and brown house that Jessica talked about, I finally found it. Knocking the door quickly then a woman who is my age opened it "Yes? May I help you?"

Looking around the house "My friend Jessica told me to come in this house, do you know her?" I asks and the woman nodded quickly "oh, yes yes she is my sister. Please come in" she said as she opened the door wide, I get inside "Thank you, thank you"

She closed the door after me "Sit down, miss" I nodded and sat down on the chair, I look at her as she sit back down infront of me "how do you know my sister?" She asks. I placed my hand on my lap "She works in the palace, I- work there too" I replied.

She nodded "Oh, you must be very close of my sister. My name is Stella" I nodded and shake my hands with her "Evelyn, pleasure" I said with a smile, Stella then look at me "What makes my sister tells you our home location?" She asks.

I sighed "I escaped from the Palace because the king has been cruel to me but your sister told me about the yellow and brown house in kestramore village" I said, Stella frowned her brows "The new king has been cruel to you?" She asks, I nodded.

Stella covered her mouth then look at me "Jessica must leave there too! But Why you came here alone?" She asked and I look back at her "she helped me because the King has been more cruel to me but I told her to come and escape with me but she said she'll come back here as soon as she finishes her last job" I replied.

Stella frowned and look down "why would she do that? The king is cruel and she is still in his Kingdom?" I shook my head and held her hand "she'll escape dont worry" I said and stella nodded "Alright, we'll wait for her"

Thomas Pov

Walking down the dungeon and saw Jessica tied up with a bruise in her side lip "Where is Evelyn, if you dont answer my question. You wont be able to see the morning light again" I said seriously.

She then looked up to me in hatred and ignored my question "I thought you were going to be a great King than your father but you are just as crueler than satan himself!" I glared at her and held her chin tightly in my grip "Let me tell you one more thing, if you look at me like im satan then I can be the Satan himself and I promise to myself to kill your family one by one starting from you" I said roughly, I can tell she was terrified than ever after mentioning her family.

I laughed like a maniac, still holding her chin roughly "Now answer me! Where is Evelyn?" I asked while giving her a death glare and she spat in my face "Go to hell, you monster!" She yelled, I wiped the saliva on my face and I bite my lip. I've been controlling this for a long time. I whispered against her ear "Let me send you there first" I said before stabbing her with my knife and she groaned in pain "Give me regards to satan" I said before pulling my knife out of her then stabbing her again.