Chapter 36

Evelyn's Pov

Walking around the beautiful scenery while smiling, Thinking while facing the beautiful nature that my eyes witnessed. I thought he change, how stupid am I to think that I completely change a cruel man. Once he was, now he still. Closing my eyes as I feel so much free than staying in that Castle forever. I hope Thomas understands that I also need freedom for a while, how is he anyway?

Maybe smiling and agreeing me to leave, nodding my head as I speak in my mind. Looking around as I hear bird chirping and I gasped to see a nest between the branch tree, tiptoeing my toes to see 3 eggs with the mother bird looking at me.

I chuckled and waved at it "Don't worry mommy bird, I won't hurt you and your babies. I just came to have fresh air" I said with a smile, the bird kept looking at me with its side eye. I chuckled softly before moving back away to give them some personal space.

Turning around and start to sit on the grass while looking at the clouds, I looked down to my book that I brought when I hurriedly and silently escaped early in the morning to breathe the fresh air. Worth escaping, I chuckled to myself and read chapter 10 'Skies, stars, moon, oh, how I love watching them just as I watch you asleep in my arms' I automatically smiled in sweetness.

Leaning my head back on the grass while covering my face with the book as the sunlight almost hitting my skin 'You must be an angel came from above, you were here to love me for eternity' I smiled and flipped the pages 'I have loved you for eternity, my love' I awed and kept smiling nonstop.

Looking down as I continue to read 'I will never leave you, forever we belong together' I said softly, my moments got interrupted by a voice from behind "If Thomas wouldn't leave you, then why are you here?" Turning around to see the man last yesterday, Nikolai! Why is he here?

I was about to speak when he beat me to it "If you're asking why am I here, I was strolling around these areas but I saw this beautiful young lady reading under the sun" Nikolai said with a grin, I stood up to face him "Did you just made it up?" I asked, Nikolai laughed "Oh no, I described you that way" He replied with a playful smile.

I sighed, turning around to leave but Nikolai held my wrist "Not so fast, I've got a lot of questions to ask" He said, I turned around again to face him "What?" Nikolai chuckled and looked at me "Why are you here? Without guards or Thomas around might be dangerous for a Queen like you around here" He said.

Looking down to think, He's right but I can fight through books. I even made Thomas interested in me with just a flying sword and threatening him "I can fight" I said with no seconds, Nikolai smirked and move closer to me "You can? Then you must be a warrior before" He said with his playful smirk, I move back as soon as he stepped closer to me.

"I'm not, I learned from books" I replied while looking down to the book i'm holding, Nikolai stopped smirking as his brows furrowed in confusion before realizing it "ohh bookworm, I see. Thomas also love reading" He replied, I looked up to him with wide eyes "Are you too?" I asked excitedly, Nikolai chuckled at me before replying "I read books a little, but since I am busy now being as Prince. I don't have enough time" He said.

I looked up to the skies for a while before turning to him "Why do you have time of strolling around here then? Thomas was a prince when he met me, he even spends more of his time with me then why cant you?" I asked curiously, Nikolai laughed and crosses his arms "Maybe I'm even more focusing to the throne, that Thomas is tempted by distraction" He replied.

I crossed my arms while looking at him with a frown brows "If you say so, then! Let us read this together, I haven't finish the whole page because Thomas kept keeping me inside the palace" I replied while showing him the book in my hand, Nikolai kept watching me as he mumbled to himself which I cannot hear it clearly "That's why Thomas chose you" I looked at him confusedly "what?" I asked.