Chapter 49

Thomas Pov

Walking back and forth in the throne room "Everyone is on their position. Commander Aldric will guard the north gate of the palace with catapults and shields, voice commander will guard the south gate of archery and I will take the west side" I said with my hands on my back. They nodded quickly in agreement, looking around the room filled with my mens. I eyed them one by one to see if there's fear in their eyes but none I found. "Everyone will show what they can do. Don't show mercy on our enemies. Show them why Ellesmere always had its position on number one!" I roared for them to hear.

They all slammed their swords with their shields in a saying of 'Yes' in agreement, looking around the room again while still eyeing one by one of my mens "James our best man will guard the Castle. Kill the enemies if you see any of them entering in our castle and harm our Queen" I continued. James nodded before bowing down in respect "Yes, my lord!!"

James looked up to me slowly "What about the Queen, your Majesty?" He asked me, I walked towards him before pulling him away from my mens "I put something in her mouth that made her fall asleep, she is now sleeping upstairs in my chamber, make sure nobody gets in or out" I said sternly, making James to nod his head "Yes, my lord. I'll guide and take care of the Queen and make sure she wont get out of the room" He replied.

I nodded my head "Good, Everyone get in the positions!" I said loudly while turning my head to my mens "We move out now!" I roared the whole room and everbody roared back, Each and every maids, servants started to go in their chambers to stay safe. I found Maya carrying a tray of tea and was about to follow her fellow workers but I stopped her "Maya!" I called her out, making her turned around and shock to see me call her.

Maya bowed down quickly "Yes, your Majesty?" I watched her raise her head up slowly to me "Evelyn is upstairs in my chamber sleeping, make sure that she'll not escape or leave. Few soldiers will guard the room but I want you to present near her" I replied, Maya looked at me in shock but just nodded "Okay, your Majesty" She replied, I gave her the keys to my chamber "Guard it well" I said before turning around and left the room with my mens "Move out, mens with fast feets!" I yelled again, vengeance is one thing in my mind.

Anne's Pov

Tiptoeing as I watched the soldiers marching out of the Palace, even the footsteps sound of their shoes are scary. I can't believe that i'm gonna experience the battle in this year, I walked inside Evelyn's room but she was not found. Where is she? Maybe, she come with Thomas in the battle. Wait- what?

I stopped my walk, what if she's with Thomas? Walking the halls as I stopped the room of Thomas but got stopped by a guard "What are you doing, no one enters the room of the King without his permission!" The guard says, I looked at him "Sorry, but if I may ask where is Queen Evelyn? She is my friend" I asked, The guard looked at the door "She is inside but no one is allowed to go in without the King's permission" He said strictly.

"But I once entered this room without guar-" my words were cutted by the other guard glaring down at me, I move back slowly away from them and the door. Okay? Surely, Evelyn is not okay. Why would she stay in the room guarded by this strict guards? "Fine fine, I'll leav-" I acted to turned around when I quickly ran towards the door and opened it, The guards screamed "Hey! Get her!"

I ran inside the room to find Evelyn laying down on the bed peacefully "Evelyn? Are you okay?!" I asked worriedly while shaking her body, with that shake. Evelyn opened her eyes slowly and mumbled "Anne?" I smiled, oh. She's just fin- I was pulled from behind by the strong 2 guards "Sorry for waking you up, your Majesty" One of the guards says before pulling me out of the room.

While Evelyn didn't understand what's happening she tried standing up but she seems to be feeling dizzy, I frowned. Someone must've drugged her to sleep! I gasped as I was pushed on the ground roughly, leaving a scratch on my elbow "ow!" I yelped in pain "Get out of here before I call the King to finish you" He said coldly to me, I was about to talk back when Carl came infront of me "hey hey, that is not the way to treat a woman" He said while blocking the guards way from coming closer to push me again.