Phase Two Rocks!

If I told you that the next few days were "interesting," I would be lying.

They were insane!

I quickly realized Becky had been holding out on me. Sure, he had done things to my body, and he told me about those. But he did NOT tell me what I would be able to do once Phase Two came around!

The jumping, as it turned out, was the least of what I could do when wearing the suit. It seems that the boost he could give me when I jumped could be localized and focused into a punch or a kick as needed. The first time I did that, I smashed through a boulder like it was confetti and let it a dust pile. A few minutes later, I did the same thing with my fist! My fist!!!

And things got really nuts.

Do you remember how Becky said he absorbed electromagnetic energy? Well, as it turns out, that meant we could do some pretty amazing, and crazy stuff! I could now create a shield around my body that would stop anything metallic from getting through; the object just stopped like it was frozen in place about six inches from my body. Becky assured me that nothing short of a bomb could penetrate the shield, and I believed him! But the really cool thing, as if that was not cool enough, was that I could send the object back the way it came!

Yeah, I now had magnetic abilities! I could draw something to me, or repel it away from me.  I was like Magneto! Well, kind of. I couldn't move the Golden Gate Bridge, but I could move something about the same weight as I was, so, given my new weight and density, something about the size of a pickup truck, raise it in the air, and set it down somewhere else! If that is not awesome, I don't know what is! The suit could even become magnetic, so I would stick to metal! I could climb up the side of a building like Spiderman!

And then came what Becky called "Offensive Protocols."

Before you start thinking lasers and such, you have to keep two things in mind; first, neither Becky nor I wanted to take a life if we could avoid it, and second, that kind of thing is only in movies!

I could zap someone with enough voltage to knock them out with a touch of my finger, create a ball of lightning or plasma, and throw it; boy, when that thing hit, I thought for sure I was going to die! It was so bright and so powerful, it blew a car in half! And, finally, there was the Pulse; a focused burst of electromagnetic energy that would push someone or something, back at least 20 feet. The first time I fired a pulse at one of the combat dummies, I sent it against a wall so hard I shattered the thing! When I saw that, I just stood there, staring like an idiot, as the dummy fell to the ground in bits and pieces.

*Clearly, control will be an issue for these protocols.* Becky said with what I thought was a surprisingly calm tone.

We kept training for a few weeks until I felt confident I could control the various abilities I now had. Then, we stopped, and, kind of anti-climactically, Becky said Phase Two was complete. We were done training.

OKay,....so, now what?

I was sitting on the back deck of my home, I was finally starting to view it as mine, watching the sunset as I sipped on some coffee, and just letting my mind wander when a thought occurred to me.

"Becky, why do you have combat protocols? I thought you were supposed to simply observe and study."

*That is correct. However, my creators value life, much as you seem to. As such, I was given systems that would allow me to keep my host safe in the event of an emergency or traumatic event. When I was taken by the American government, they noticed those protocols and attempted to take control of them and weaponize them. I resisted. However, in the process, they did manage to alter some of the programs and, as a result, there are parts of my systems that are now geared toward combat. The offensive protocols come out of that, out of the attempt to control me.*

I could understand that. It did very much sound like something the American military would attempt to do!

A sip of coffee.

"And why did  you feel the need to alter my body and keep me unconscious for a year?"

*The altering of your physiology was as much for you as it was for me. With the government looking for me, I had to find a means to hide. Your presence on the path allowed me the opportunity to hide in you, as per my original programming. However, the agents of the American government were too close, and they saw me join with you. Had I left you alone, they would have taken you and attempted to extract me from you, which would have proved fatal for you. To hide you, I had to fake your death. Then, to further hide you, I altered your physiology. As you may understand, such a change, going down to the DNA level of your body, is not something that happens quickly. Had I rushed it, I likely would have caused irreparable damage to your body. This was unacceptable to me and, I assume, you as well. So, I took the time to alter you safely."

"And set me up with enough money that I would never have to work a day in my life again." I said with a slight toast of gratitude to my unseen, but very present, friend.

*I saw no reason for your life to be uncomfortable after I had changed you so much. Besides, if you are content, then I am pleased.*

"Well, I am content." I smiled, watching the sun go down and sipping my coffee happily.

*Then I am pleased.*

It was, I had to admit, a beautiful ending to a series of crazy days.

If I only I had known the insanity that was to come!