Que Monotony

That sounds great, right?

"Now we get ready for a fight."

Has a nice dramatic ring to it. It makes a really strong statement.

Que dramatic music!

Que montage of the hero practicing, preparing, and looking fierce!

That is what Hollywood does, right? Gets the audience worked up and excited for the big final battle between the hero and the bad guys. Oooh....the anticipation!

Yeah, that is so not what happened!

Reality looked much more like this; get up in the morning, have devotions, go exercise, practice controlling my abilities, take a shower, have breakfast and....

....sit in front of the computer with a mug of coffee by my side.

Sorry, no big drama here. Just me, sitting in front of my monitor, typing in questions and looking for answers while Becky did his thing.

What was his thing?

Hacking.

Yep, he was hacking into information systems ranging from the local police to the FBI. Surprised? You shouldn't be. Really, think about it; who better to hack into supposedly unhackable systems than a cybernetic alien entity who speaks computer while sleeping?!

Okay, he doesn't sleep. But you get the point!

My focus was finding out about the strange tattoo I had seen on Phone Guy's chest, and then finding out the history of those who belonged to said tattoo. While I did that, Becky was looking into questionable events that had happened over the last few weeks. 

Did it feel weird to think that I had a sentient thing inside my head doing its own research, while I did mine?

YES!

Just one more thing to get used to!

Well, for myself, I started to delve into the world of Aryan or white-supremacists gangs. 

I really wish I had not done so!

First off, I identified the shamrock and swastika symbol I had seen on Phone Guy's chest. That part was easy enough; it identified him as belonging to a group called the Aryan Brotherhood, a gang of white supremacists with groups in several prisons around the country, as well as out on the streets all across America. According to what I found out, there were somewhere around 20,000 members of this gang either in prison or out and about in public society.

That was lovely to learn!

Okay, so Phone Guy was part of this group.

*His name is Cillian Byrne.*

"Who's that?"

*The one you refer to as "Phone Guy." His name is Cillian Byrne. He is 25 years of age, has a rather long record of felonies, and is the son of one Clancy Byrne, an ultra-Conservative Republican Representative for the state of Florida who sits on several sub-committees, including several that appear to be what is referred to as "black book" committees. What does the term "black book" mean, Jonathan?*

I did not answer. 

My mind was whirling and going in directions I definitely did not like!

Phone Guy, Cillian Byrne, was a member of an Aryan gang and the son of a United States Senator?!

Things just went from a little crazy, to absolutely insane!

*Your stress levels are rising quite rapidly, Jonathan.*

Yeah, no duh!

I rose from my chair and started pacing the room.

"Are you sure?"

*Are you questioning my ability to gather, assess and analyze information, Jonathan?*

Good point. There was on one on the planet who would be able to outdo Becky in that area.

Okay, that meant Cillian had a daddy in Congress. Legally speaking, that meant he was pretty much untouchable. If arrested, Daddy just had to pull some strings and his little boy went free.

Wait.

If that was the case, then why the prison break? Why not just wait to let dear old dad get him out?

*You are assuming the father and son get along and share the same ideas. It is possible they do not.*

Okay, fair point. Maybe Daddy is uber-conservative, but not as strong Aryan as his son, or perhaps not a believer in white supremacy at all. That was definitely possible.

Possible, yes, but was that the case?

Time for more research.

It did not take long to find out that father and son did in fact share the same sentiments. The good Senator from Florida was well known for his racist statements and belief in the superiority of the "White" people and culture. He was known for his stance on this and had been known to work very hard against any bills in Congress intended to improve the lives of those in other ethnic groups. His contingency was known for their Aryan leanings, to the point that they made the lives of any non-whites in their community so miserable that those unfortunates who received such attention usually left the area within a very short time.

Okay, so this guy was a real piece of work, and his son was not far behind.

But was Senator Byrne a member of an Aryan group?

Not on record. 

But that did not mean he was not one in secret.

Was I getting paranoid? Was I reaching to far?

*I can confirm you are not.*

How so?

*The FBI has files on one Clancy Byrne, a juvenile member of the Aryan Brotherhood who did time in prison for violence against members of the African-American community. His record was redacted and expunged due to good behaviour in prison and after, thus allowing him to pursue politics and achieve the level he has to this day.*

"How did you find ou.....you know what? I don't want to know."

I paused for a moment, thinking, pacing, as my mind danced from one place to the next.

"Are there any records of Senator Byrne associating with white supremacists since then?"

*Nothing the FBI has been able to use against him, though he is suspected of attending several Aryan Brotherhood secret meetings. However, that has yet to be proven.*

Which meant either the FBI was either investigating him and did not want to tip their hand, or they were inept, (highly unlikely) or someone in the FBI was also a member of the Aryan Brotherhood and working to subvert any investigation focused on the Senator.

This was getting more and more insane by the minute!

Okay so now we had the son of a U.S. Senator who was a member of an Aryan group, and suggestive evidence that said Senator was a secret member of said Aryan group, and that said Aryan group might have someone working in the FBI to hide their actions!

Looking up at the ceiling for a moment, I ran fingers through my hair, blew out a breath, and let out a groan.

"When did my life become a Hollywood movie?" 

*I do not understand what you mean, Jonathan, but I have more information for you.*

Okay, great.

*There is new information, recent information, that could be quite disturbing if it proves to be true.*

Hello World? Please stop.

I want to get off!