Confession is Good for the Soul....Right?

See a pastor? Did I say see a pastor?!

Yep.

I had started attending a local church shortly after Becky "woke me up" from the comatose state he had had me in while he was altering my body; yeah I was reconciled with that now, though it still gave me the heebie-jeebies when I thought about it. But, I came out of it pretty good, so no harm done!

So, back to the pastor.

The church was just a few miles from my house and, when I first went in and saw the pastor, I wondered if I was in the wrong place!

I mean, who expects to walk into a church, and see a man in khaki pants, no tie or suit coat, cuffed sleeves, with tattoos on his arms, head shaven bald, and a voice like an angry grizzly bear standing at the pulpit and preaching?

But that was Lew; 5'9, built like a brick wall, with 55 years of life under his belt, a heart of gold and pure kindness, and a desire to serve God in every way he possibly could. I found my church that day, and started on a friendship that I already counted as one I highly valued. Needless to say, given all that had happened, I really did not have many friends at the time.

But Lew? Lew was one I counted as a true friend.

I was pretty sure I could count on him to keep my secret.

Besides, it was getting to me; not having anyone to talk to about who I was now, and what I could do.

*What about me?* Becky sounded put out, and slightly hurt.

"Don't get me wrong, Becky, having you around is amazing, honestly great I do truly consider you a friend."

*But,,,,?*

"It is kind of nice to have a human friend or two as well; someone who I can talk to you face to face, where I can see their reactions, and hear their voices and laughter in my ears, instead of my mind."

There was a pause as Becky thought about what I had said. I could almost hear the electrons whirling as my cybernetic companion and friend considered what I had said.

"Yes, I can see how that is a human need; your desire for companionship. Is this why you become so flustered around Detective Juarez? Do you desire her friendship as well?"

Oh man....why did he have to go there?!

"Um...the reaction I have to Detective Juarez is slightly different from what I want with Pastor Launders."

*Oh? How so?*

Did he really not get it?! He as supposed to be, like, super intelligent, how could he not get it?!

I swear to you, I felt a light bulb appear in my head, followed by that telltale sound.

*Ohhh.....you desire to mate with her and have her as your wife!*

WHAT?!!

I blushed. Yep, bright red blushing, all the way.

Yeah, sure, Becky was right, but to hear him say it like that, so bluntly was, well, a bit more than I expected!

"Uh....yeah....yeah..something like that. But, humans don's usually say it to bluntly!"

*Why not? If it is the truth, why not say it truthfully?*

Fair question.

"I guess, well, humans don't really say that kind of thing right away, even if we feel it, because we don't know if the other person feels that way, and it might even be taken as rude to do so."

*Humans are odd creatures. If something is truth, why not say it as truth? Would that not be better than withholding information, or hiding how one feels? You go to church. Does the Bible not say to speak truth all the time?*