Normalus Interruptus

"Well Jonathan, how was  your day?"

"Oh, you know, I ran 100 miles in an hour, worked out for three hours until I could bust a still combat dummy with one punch, and spent time bending and unbending a steel bar with my magnetic ability into the shape of a tulip, bent it back straight again, then formed it into a rose. You know, no big deal,  just your average day."

Yeah, that is how a conversation with me would go. 

That is my normal day; workout physically, then work on my control, then some more physical work out, then reading, fishing, contemplating life and why God put me in this situation, and just musing on various aspects of life and existence.

How can I believe in God and still have an alien thing inside me?

Good question! And here is the simplest answer I can think of.

Show me where it says God ONLY created Earth. Do I think that he only created Earth? Yes. But, he is a limitless God in power and intelligence, and he is a creative God, so could he make another world out there and fill it with life that went on a different path from what happened here on Earth? Sure! I would be totally arrogant to say that I knew my Creator well enough to say he would only create one world with life on it!

Besides, I have something alien inside me! I think that proves something, don't you?!

Any way, my normal life was most definitely not normal!

And then it got worse.

You remember those bad guys at the bank? Remember how they talked about Helter Skelter, and what I found out about them?

Well, they escaped from prison.

Surprised?

Me neither. 

I read about it one morning as I was having breakfast at a local cafe I liked to "jog" to. When I say job, I mean doing something that looked like jogging but felt more like walking in slow motion to me. 

Anyway....

I was having some Kupi Luwak coffee, yes, the cat poo coffee...it's really good!....and Eggs Benedict, at this little cafe I love. It's a homey little hole-in-the-wall that looks like a greasy spoon diner, but has been owned by the same family for the past four generations. The decor is a mix of Mediterranean and Hispanic, an eclectic mix I genuinely enjoy. Sitting out on the front porch while having breakfast, with the ocean breeze caressing your skin feels like a little slice of heaven.

But, I digress.

I saw the headline on the front page of the paper being read by someone at the table next to me. A quick scan of the article gave me the details; they were in prison, not a maximum security one, but your average prison, when a riot broke out between some Aryan Nation gang members and a contingency of African-American boys. That was not a big deal, and apparently was not uncommon at that particular location. But, after the riot had been stopped, it was discovered that four prisoners, four members of the crew I had stopped at the bank, the other two were still in hospital, (I still felt terrible about that), were nowhere to be found. Oh, what a surprise, the riot appeared to have been a diversion to allow them to escape! Shocking, right?! 

My trust in the local police system knew no bounds. 

I hope you can sense my sarcasm.

*It is interesting that the authorities did not anticipate such an event.* Becky commented. *This suggests either foolishness on their part, or someone in the administration was part of the plot to free them.*

"You read my mind, Becky."

*Actually, I came up with that deduction on my own, thank you.*

Gee, snooty much?!