6

Derek wasn't exactly sure what he was doing or what he was going to say as he walked up to the address his mother had given him, with a bouquet of flowers in his hand. He took a deep breath before ringing the doorbell and waiting for her to come to the door.

The door swung open quickly, revealing Meredith with a t-shirt and sweatpants, her hair tossed up in a bun, looking out of breath. "Oh...hi."

"Hi." Derek smiled.

"Oh um...what....is there something I can help you with?" She asked, pulling the pencil from her hair.

"No...I'm um...Just kind of want to talk to you."

"Why?"

"Because you told my mom you can't see her anymore...It sounded like you were breaking up with her."

"Oh I wasn't....I didn't break up with her." Meredith frowned, crossing her arms.

"You kind of did." Derek laughed.

"I don't want to get her sick."

"You're sick?"

"Yeah." Meredith bit her lip, her hand grasping onto the handle of the door.

"So you can't see her ever again because you're sick?" Derek asked.

"Yeah."

"We need to talk."

"No we don't...I'll drink fluids...don't worry."

"I'm not...Can I just come in?"

"Oh um...." Meredith looked inside her house, wincing a little as she looked back to Derek before stepping out of the way, "Yeah...come in."

"Thanks..." Derek breathed, looking around the house, before handing her the flowers. "These are for you."

"Oh." Meredith took the flowers into her hands. She had never received flowers from anyone, so she had no idea what she was receiving them for. "I um...sorry it's a mess in here."

"Don't worry about it."

"Okay."

"My mom wanted me to come over...and the flowers...and sorry for sexually harassing you."

"Sexually harassing me?" She replied, walking towards her couch.

"According to my mom, that's what I did, so...I'm sorry." He nodded.

"Oh um...it's okay."

"Do you have a vase? You should probably put the flowers in water."

"Oh um....yeah." Meredith stood. "It's um...the kitchen...you don't want to go in there."

"I'm sure it's fine...But I can just wait here." Derek shrugged.

"Well it's just I was studying and it's a mess...but if you want you can come but...it's a mess."

"I'll come."

"Of course." Meredith bit her lip as she pushed through to the kitchen, revealing a mess of diagrams, books and notes sprawled all over the walls and tables.

"Wow...You've been busy." Derek nodded, looking around.

"Oh um...yeah."

"So...I'm sorry, like I said before." Derek sighed, watching as she reached for a vase, her shirt riding up and the belly ring his mother had mentioned peaking out.

"Here." She breathed, pulling her shirt back over her stomach as she handed him a porcelain voice, she had never known was there. "Um....you...I forgive you."