9

The sun was shining, and the loud thunderstorms over as Derek slowly opened his eyes, Meredith still in his arms from the night before. They had falling asleep that way and had stayed next to each other all night, giving Derek one of his best night sleeps in a while. He gently took his arm off of her and pressed a light kiss on the side of her head. "It's morning." He whispered.

"Hmm....okay." Meredith mumbled, pulling the covers over her.

"I'm going to go downstairs and make some coffee...come down when you're ready." Derek said, before slowly getting out of bed.

"Uh huh...." Meredith turned over, pulling the pillow over her head.

"Okay." Derek chuckled, pulling on a pair of sweatpants over his shorts and grabbing a t-shirt before quietly leaving the room so as not to wake her anymore. What happened the night before had been amazing. They were getting closer whether she said they couldn't be together or not. He walked into a kitchen to make coffee, a smile on his face, when he jumped at the sight of Mark in his kitchen.

"Damnit Mark!"

"Good morning pretty girl!" Mark smirked, taking a bite of his cereal. "Did you get your beauty sleep?"

"What the hell are you doing here?" He groaned, his heart still racing because of the surprise visitor.

"I'm eating."

"Why are you eating here?"

"Because cereal is better here," Mark shrugged, taking another bite.

"You scared the crap out of me." Derek sighed, pouring himself a cup of coffee that Mark had already made.

"Poor boy." Mark shook his head. "Too bad Mommy isn't here."

"I hate you."

"No you don't." Mark laughed,

"I do when I come into the kitchen expecting it to be empty and see you." Derek replied.

"Nope...."

"Eat your cereal."

"Don't tell me what to do." Mark frowned.

"You're such a pain in the ass." Derek laughed.

"And I've saved your ass a million of times."

"How about that storm last night?" Derek laughed, changing the subject.

"Intense...the hospital was crowded." Mark shook his head.

"Any good cases?" Derek asked, taking a sip of his coffee.

"A girl fell from a tree, she had a nice gash on her head...I made her pretty again."

"Congratulations."

"Ready to cut?" Mark asked. "Not much longer...a few weeks?"

"Three weeks." Derek sighed.

"Your first day is on the intern's first day...maybe Mom can take you and Grey...maybe she'll pack you two a lunch...show you to your classrooms." Mark teased.

"You're such an ass."

'Don't cry in front of the kids...they'll flush your head in the toilet."

"I can't believe they're even letting you near the interns."

"Who else would get my bone dry cappuccino?" Mark asked, moving to empty his bowl.

"I don't know." Derek shrugged. "Maybe you."

"I'm a busy man."

"Making people pretty?"